• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And so it begins....Newton vs Luck

Spaceballs83

oohweemayne The kid played great! I would never have guessed he was a rookie. Honestly, I didn't believe the Luck hype until I saw him yesterday. Yes, it was against the Rams, but it was also his first start in the NFL. Wow, just WOW.

Newton vs Luck is going to be talked about for years to come!! Hopefully they will meet in a Superbowl or 2

Ryan leaf's first preseason game: 14 of 19 2 TDs 0 INTs ALL HAIL THE PRESEASON!

And no I'm not saying he's ginna be the next Ryan leaf I'm just saying its his first preseason game and people need to stop jumping to damn conclusions especially against a kindergarten secondary like the rams

Guest Day24Day7

So it Begins ...

Newton is No Reflection on Luck or Vice Versa. The real problem for Luck (when the season starts) will be that Re-Built Line. There is No Continuity. Once teams start Game Planning and NFL Blitz Packages and Coverages ... Then Let's See If He is in the Payton Manning - Cam Newton Rookie Season Talk.

I am a football fan through and through. The Panthers are My Team. I do like certain players on other teams. Andrew Luck may be everything the Sports News has told us for 3+years. I don't cheer for any player to fail. I think good players make the League better. I just wish ESPN, Sporting News, NFLN and All the Other Talking Heads Would Wait Until, at least, the 3rd or 4th Week of the Season until they even entertain Any of this talk about what Luck or RG3 or Tannyhill or Any of these Rookie QB's and Draft Picks will be in THIS LEAGUE. After all; These are the Same People Who Told the Whole World ... Cam Newton Will Be the Biggest Bust in the History of the NFL. So WTF Do They Really Know?

2011 NFL defenses

Rams # 22

Panthers # 28

just sayin

Wait, so because they were ranked higher than an absolutely awful Panthers squad they are a good defense? Is that your point? Otherwise your pointing out the comparison is absolutely pointless.

http://www.nfl.com/v..._content_stream

After one preseason game, they are already saying Luck can beat Newtons' 4,000+ yard season (just passing).

Welcome to having a QB that rewrote the rookie record book. Its difficult to know how to act but when you're confused just ask one of the ones whose figured out how to handle it.

These comparisons will be made EVERY season until someone breaks Cams records.

Yep, I just saw this video on NFL.com. The new format of the site isn't allowing me to post comments on it there, or I would.

And what a crock of crap that video is. Stupid conclusions after one preseason game is expected from idiot fans, but for NFL.com to come out and make this comparison is horrid journalism AT BEST. At worst... well... the media just can't accept a man like Cam being #1 in any stat line.

Luck looked to me like hes Rodgers + Manning.

Footwork looks like Rodgers and vision of Manning.

Though, I dnt think he'll pass Newton's 4000 yards. I see 3500 for Luck this season. And I'm not saying that bc I'm a homer. Luck doesn't have enough weapons around him to make the defenses scare. No running game, OLINE is below average, and Reggie Wayne is the only real threat.

To add to that, Luck is going to be playing against two really good defenses in Houston and the Titans twice. Good luck when they start bringing real regular season's pressure.

Remember his first pass that went for a td was a dump off to Donald Brown on a screen. That's not going to happen very often.

The media cant accept a black QB being as good as Cam is. They will do everything they can to diminish what Cam has done and make absurd comparisons to white QBs. If it wasn't Luck, it would be Tannehill or some other scrub.

They will never fathom Cam being as good as peyton, brady, and rodgers and he will never get the type of media respect as they do.

Archived