• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

stewart and tolbert injury update

Coach Ron Rivera said he doesn't believe Jonathan Stewart sustained a high ankle sprain Sunday night.

True high ankle sprains sideline players for a month or more and involve damage to the tibia as well. Sunday night X-rays on Stewart's right wheel were completely negative, hinting at a Grade 1 or 2 sprain. We'd expect the Panthers to release a timetable once further testing is completed back in Charlotte. Consider Stewart questionable for Week 1.

You might wanna take another look at that replay. Foot rolls to the outside.

If you can tell me where I can find the video I will gladly show you. His right cleat gets caught in the turf as his momentum carries him to the right, rolling the right foot inward. Seriously, I'm 100% positive on this. Do you know where I can find the video?

If you can tell me where I can find the video I will gladly show you. His right cleat gets caught in the turf as his momentum carries him to the right, rolling the right foot inward. Seriously, I'm 100% positive on this. Do you know where I can find the video?

You're right but you're wrong at the same time. Technically his foot is on the inside of the roll, but the direction of the roll is to the outside - IE his ankle rolls to the outside of his foot.

You're right but you're wrong at the same time. Technically his foot is on the inside of the roll, but the direction of the roll is to the outside - IE his ankle rolls to the outside of his foot.

No, I'm plain right. His FOOT rolls to the inside. That's what I've said the entire time. That is how high ankle sprains happen, that is the same as the diagram in the link I sent you earlier. I specifically said "foot" (as did you) to eliminate confusion. The way he rolls it is the same way high ankle sprains happen and his foot went to the inside.

EDIT: Sorry Floppin, thought I was replying to the same person. If you go back in the thread and read L-Town's post at the top of page 3 and see my later reply. I make it very clear what I am talking about. L-Town initially said that his "foot" rolls to the outside which is not the way high ankle sprains happen.

No, I'm plain right. His FOOT rolls to the inside. That's what I've said the entire time. That is how high ankle sprains happen, that is the same as the diagram in the link I sent you earlier. I specifically said "foot" (as did you) to eliminate confusion. The way he rolls it is the same way high ankle sprains happen and his foot went to the inside.

EDIT: Sorry Floppin, thought I was replying to the same person.

I wasn't saying you were wrong, just pointing out that that type of roll is typically referred to as rolling to the outside. The definition usually refers to the direction of the ankle's movement, since that's what's rolling technically.

Archived