• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AccuScore predictions

MCC

http://espn.go.com/nfl/photos/gallery/_/id/8310034/image/26/carolina-panthers-2012-season-projections

Haven't seen this posted yet, but AccuScore has predicted every game for every team. They list us at 9-7.

Trying to be objective... we'll have trouble with the Bears and I don't see how we can beat the Broncos. I think we can handle Tampa Bay, but are about even with the Falcons... Saints* will give us trouble if the defense doesn't tighten up so we'll have to score a lot of points.

If things fall our way, we could go 10-6... if we catch some bad breaks, lose some close ones, 7-9... so anywhere in between there is reasonable I think.

I will personally be disappointed if we don't at least go 8-8.

The predicted records method is laughable, and produces laughably bad results. Disregarding whether or not their method for determining the outcome of individual games is solid, their method of predicting the record is terrible.

They just gave every team a win if they had over a 50% win probability, and conversely gave them a loss if they had less than a 50% probability. So that means if a team had a 55% chance to win every game, this method would say they would go 16-0, even though that percentage would indicate a 9-7 team.

Thus you have insane predicted records: 5 teams at 2-14 or worse, GB at 16-0, NE at 15-1 and hardly any middling teams.

Archived