• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much time will Joe Adams see on offense?

Donald LaFell

I have acknowledged he muffed balls. He will continue that....as I have stated.

Again, my point was merely to point out your false info....which was you falsely claimed he turned it over to opponents multiple times. False.

Your claim was disproven. Which is you now only acknowledge 1 turnover....as your others where disproven.

Look at great rookie return men....Steve Smith - 8 fumbles, Hester 8 fumbles.....it happens with playmakers at that spot. You dwelling on it only matters if he isn't a playmaker. Those were fumbles as well...not even counting their muffs.

They weren't benched

Typical CRA. Turn the words around to fit your needs. My info has not been refuted.

I have repeatedly claimed 1 turnover. You have fixated on that sole point. From the beginning I have said you turned my words around for yor own benifit. 1 turnover, multiple fluffs. (For lack of a better word.)

This all started because I was giving you a hard time about Adams.

The only point that matters to either of us. Is that I remember Adams muffs and fumble. You only seem to remember a fumble. Which is odd. Because the PR prior to his fumble was a muff. Two mistakes, back to back, and you don't remember them. From last week?

Other than that. I am good. I want Adams to prove me wrong. Have said that numerous times as well.

Sometimes I fug with you and you just don't let go. I like that. I actually do. I love the back and forth. Especially, when I know I'm right. jk

Thanks for a great night. Maybe Tues. when I get time. I'll bump this thread so we can pick right up where we left off? Mkay?

Typical CRA. Turn the words around to fit your needs. My info has not been refuted.

I have repeatedly claimed 1 turnover. You have fixated on that sole point. From the beginning I have said you turned my words around for yor own benifit. 1 turnover, multiple fluffs. (For lack of a better word.)

This all started because I was giving you a hard time about Adams.

The only point that matters to either of us. Is that I remember Adams muffs and fumble. You only seem to remember a fumble. Which is odd. Because the PR prior to his fumble was a muff. Two mistakes, back to back, and you don't remember them. From last week?

Other than that. I am good. I want Adams to prove me wrong. Have said that numerous times as well.

Sometimes I fug with you and you just don't let go. I like that. I actually do. I love the back and forth. Especially, when I know I'm right. jk

Thanks for a great night. Maybe Tues. when I get time. I'll bump this thread so we can pick right up where we left off? Mkay?

Your false statement has been proven wrong.

Yesterday, you claimed he turned the ball over multiple times to opponents....after it was proven false you acknowledge the factual one and go on and on and on about muffs.

I just bumped your other thread....the one where you claimed more than 1 turnover. feel free to read your posts that started all this talk.

Lol...how are you not advocating a "game manager" at PR? Your whole argument is contingent upon the fact that Armanti, while he doesn't gain many yards on his returns, doesn't turn the ball over...that PRECISELY describes a game manager. And okay you never mentioned big play ability...I never said you did. I'm showcasing what Adams brings to the table versus what Edwards brings to the table.

Adams - big play ability/explosiveness, ability to regularly move the ball down the field, issues with ball security

Edwards - Doesn't turn the ball over, limited effectiveness

That's what each player brings to the table.

Cam - big play ability/explosiveness (on the ground and through the air), ability to regularly move the ball down the field, issues with ball security (fumbles/INTs)

Alex Smith - Doesn't turn the ball over, limited effectiveness

How does my question not dignify a response? Am I missing something here? Why does your logic only apply to Adams and not Cam? Special teams is 1/3 of the game...it's arguably just as important as a good offense and defense.

Sorry, thought, in my own way, I did answer you. Playmakers, especially young ones, tend to have muffs and fumbles. They usually diminish yearly to a more tolerable level.

The key here is, a tolerable level. What level are you comfortable with? I like low numbers, others are more tolerant.

"Why does your logic only apply to Adams and not Cam?" The conversation is about AE and Adams. Bringing in other options seems rather self serving. So I chose to respond with a flipant retort. And you were unhappy that I did not play along?

As another olive branch, I have legthened my answer, not that I have a problem with that, all for you.

How many folks know the gist of this debate? Are there more than one?

Adams has the potential to be very exciting. I have never doubted that. Just have a fear of his ... problem. Does that make me a bad guy?

Kinda proud of where this thread has gone. Been a very pleasing evening. Thanks one and all.

Okay, just to clarify what Joe has and has not done, I went back and reviewed all the punt and kick returns from this preseason. Here is what happened...

Texans Game

2 KO returns, both clean, for approx 42 yards in returns

1 punt return, clean, for approx 33 yards

Miami Game

4 punt returns, all clean, for a total of approx 46 yards before penalties (1)

Jets Game

Joe never touched the ball. He was in on a punt return, but opted not to field it.

Pittsburg Game

2 KO returns, 1 clean, 1 fumbled after runback, recovered by Carolina, for approx 50 yards before penalties (2)

5 punt returns, 3 clean + 1 fair catch, 1 fumble (the one he dropped then kicked), for approx 35 yards before penalties (2)

In summary

4 KO returns, 3 clean, 1 fumbled and recovered, for approx 92 yards before penalties

9 returned punts, 8 clean, 1 fumble lost, for approx 114 yards before penalties

1 fair catch

1 punt not fielded

Feel free to continue the debate, but at least now you have some data to work with.

Reading all of this along with other topics on the front page has convinced me that posting activity on this site would decrease by 50% if AE and Clausen were shitcanned from this team.

I have never seen so much talk centering around two guys who dont have a prayer of seeing the field except in the unlikely event that the entire group of guys ahead of them are injured.

I like what Joe Adams has the pontential of doing for us on special teams. To have someone that can give our Offense a shorter field to work with is a big plus to me, taking a little pressure off the Offense. I liked the pick in the draft.

And I like his excitement factor also. Love it when Cam gets hyped up when other players are making plays!

Archived