• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Get on board, or not.

iamhubby1

I know there are a lot of us that truly belive that we are on the verge of somthing special. This is not for you folks.

For you folks that prefer to live in the past. Who still have a steadfast belief that we are who we were. Or even, Zod forbid, suck even worse, cuz, you know, we, like, did nothing to improve the D, or ST. Let me remind you of a couple of things. One, Rivera. He alone will improve our D. Second, we have made numerous changes to our starting defensive unit.

Just a recap for those that seem to need it.

The possibility we will have 5-6 new starters on D should make you salivate. With Rivera and McD at the helm, our D should improve dramatically.

We started two rookie 3rd rounders at 1 and 3 last year. This year we have two established vets. D-line= upgrade

Last year we started 8 LB. 1 was a first day starter. We have 4 Pro Bowl Caliber LB on the roster this year, all but 1 with extensive experience. LB corp = upgrade.

In the secondary. We have Norman... if all he does is kick Munny to nickle, he has made an impact.

Add in Nakimura, with his vocality, added with a year of growth. And the unit as a whole is better. So, DB = improved

Medlock made us better by replacing Mare Adams can make us better as well.

.So to recap the recap.

D-Line = improved

LB = improved

DB = improved

Throw in a couple of tons of talent in the ST department. And their are precious few remnants of those last few years of mediocrity.

If you can take all that in, and still not be enthused?

The rest of us? We are giddy with anticapation, or at least I am. And GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an aside; For Mr. Touchdown. Ouch, that hurt.

They gotta bring in another CB or I'm going to want to super kick Marty.

Jones at the CO said Edwards and the gunner we got from the 9ers are the final tweaks to the roster.

Like I said in another thread, I heard Dre Bly on WFNZ last week. If the Panthers brought him today he would be the second best corner on the team. Still scratching my head about that Stanford release.

I know Vontae Davis is a little bitch and hasn't had very pleasant interactions with 89, but I would have traded a second for him.

I get it that the team likes Norman but he's obviously going to get picked on by the QBs.

We still only have for CB on the roster right?

Archived