• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can you feel it...

Jon Snow

the sense that it's not what it is anymore. The feeling of not being afraid of the "better" teams around the league who have always been the annoying big brothers who picked on us and we barely fought back. Those days are over because there's a new Sheriff in town that's going to teach these young men how to man up and start dishing out the beatings they are use to getting themselves.

The days of being the little bother whipping boy is coming to an end. And I have a feeling it's very soon.

It's time to man up! No fear!

Go Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I'm a glass is half empty kinda guy...but given the times we've entered into a season with any sort of hype and proceeded to make complete asses out of ourselves I'm going to avoid drinking the kool-aid until after we've played at least one regular season game...

In this particular case though I'd be thrilled to be totally wrong and watch us steamroll everyone...

It's not about drinking the kool aid. It's a complete change in mentality. The swagger, the desirer to be better, a completely different team.

Is it all in place? Certainly not. But I see it, feel it and love it. This team is different, not because of the players, but because they believe in themselves and the coaches. We haven't had that in a very long time.

Will they make mistakes? Sure they will. But they are not going to quit!

There is nothing wrong with going into a season confident. The key is have unwavering support for the team. If we were to go into week 3 vs. the Giants at 0-2 we still need the building to be packed and loud. Support the team no matter what.

I agree, fan support is crucial to team moral. Struggles will come and spirits will be tested but I believe this team is being built to withstand the challenges.

If I recall, all the hype machine stuff killed the team when Fox was play'n to "hold a lead" and win. I think the new coaching staff is a "kick'm when their down" type.

I'm 100% expecting a win this Sunday!!

Exactly! The whole mindset has changed. It needed to change! And I get the feeling that those that don't get with the program will be shown the door. As they should, regardless of their talent.

If I recall, all the hype machine stuff killed the team when Fox was play'n to "hold a lead" and win. I think the new coaching staff is a "kick'm when their down" type.

I'm 100% expecting a win this Sunday!!

Buddy of mine asked me if I thought Rivera was the kind of guy who would "take his foot off the gas".

My response: Yes, I think he would take his foot off the gas, and put it on your throat.

Here's hoping we have a good enough team to allow him to do that.

Buddy of mine asked me if I thought Rivera was the kind of guy who would "take his foot off the gas".

My response: Yes, I think he would take his foot off the gas, and put it on your throat.

Exactly! I think he is there to win... and a win isn't a win until it's over. And it's not over until the time is off the clock.

Now if there's a 40 point lead or something, I'm sure he'd take the starters out. LOL but, he'll still wanna score points.

Archived