• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's performance

Oline oline oline caused the trouble today and put Cam in bad spots. Cam still tries dangerous passes when he is tied up to avoid a sack, just take the sack. Also his first pic,...there was no excuse for that throw. Reciever was completely covered. That throw hurt becuase it killed the tiny bit of momentum we had generated early in the 3rd. We never recovered after that. All in all Cam played well, but their is always 2 to 3 throws he wants back. Im not worried about him eventually he will cut out the mistakes just dont know when.

I saw major improvement in Cam's play, despite those interceptions. So of you said Cam needs to notice his check down more, but I believe the reason why he doesn't notice them is because he still depends heavily on his athletic ability. I put this error on the coaching staff because they still have a lot of college plays in this offense. If we still have all these college plays as a main part in our offense, we won't go very far this season.

Some of you guys are amazing, do you not remember the Clausen days or the bad Jake days? Did Cam play great by any means? No. He has lapses in judgement 2 or 3 times a game that really hurts this team and leads to terrible decisions. Some of the blame has to go on him, but come on we all saw it, we could not run the ball and Chud decided to abandon the run. Cam isn't good enough right now to beat at team by himself when the offense is one dimensional.

i agree that we should have thrown more screens,short passes etc to try to soften up the defense but i think people need to understand that our passing game is built on getting big chunks of yardage at a time. Cam made a few bad throws/decisons but we don't want to take to much of the big play mentality out of his game

Cam's performance was good, considering the circumstances... o-line was totally dominated both on running and passing plays for the majority of the game and he still managed to throw for 300 yards and a TD.

The first pick was clearly PI, Talib pulled Lafell down by the back of his jersey as he was going to make the catch. You can argue about whether or not the ball should have been thrown into that kind of coverage in the first place, but it was a good throw negated by a missed PI call and a heads up play by Barber.

The second pick was a mistake, Cam was trying to make a play and got too aggressive.

Mark Barron saved a fugging touchdown, if Murphy had caught that no one was infront of him.

If Murphy had caught that you guys wouldn't be bitching about Cam.

For a team that had 10 rushing yards and abandoned the run he did pretty alright. It wasn't his best performance, but it's was good all things considered. spread the ball around pretty well. That first int was a good play gone wrong, the second int was questionable throw but could've gone either way.

We're a young TEAM (not just QB, team) that thought this game would be handed on a silver platter to us because of how badly we whopped the bucs last year. Good wake up call. But if you seriously thought this team is going to take the Saints** and the Giants as lightly as they did the Bucs yesterday you're really fuggin' wrong.

I hope the run game/short pass game returns when Stew is back. He's a big part of it.

D-Lo can't catch and dances around too much, certainly didn't help with our run game today.

Mark Barron saved a fugging touchdown, if Murphy had caught that no one was infront of him.

If Murphy had caught that you guys wouldn't be bitching about Cam.

For a team that had 10 rushing yoards and abandoned the run he did pretty alright. That first int was a good play gone wrong, the second int was questionable throw but could've gone either way.

We're a young TEAM (not just QB, team) that thought this game would be handed on a silver platter to us because of how badly we whopped the bucs last year. Good wake up call. But if you seriously thought this team is going to take the Saints*** and the Giants as lightly as they did the Bucs yesterday you're really fuggin' wrong.

I hope the run game/short pass game returns when Stew is back. He's a big part of it.

D-Lo can't catch and dances around too much, certainly didn't help with our run game today.

Agreed, but let's not throw DeAngelo under the bus - he's not the kind of back that can make his own hole and he wasn't given anywhere to run.

Stewart would have helped, he's our thumper.

Given DeAngelo's struggle to find a running lane, I'm surprised they didn't use Tolbert more?

Agreed, but let's not throw DeAngelo under the bus - he's not the kind of back that can make his own hole and he wasn't given anywhere to run.

Stewart would have helped, he's our thumper.

Given DeAngelo's struggle to find a running lane, I'm surprised they didn't use Tolbert more?

Tolbert tweaked his hamstring early and kindof limped off the field in the second quarter. May have something to do with it.

Archived