• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Post-Game Interview

SOJA

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Steve-Smith-Postgame/42932e1a-0b23-4c95-b14c-68652bd579c8

I know that most, if not all of you, probably have already seen this, however, I think this is a really important interview.

Usually, Steve's interviews are all over the place. Half the time I'm pretty sure even he doesn't know what he is talking about. However, this interview he is spot on.

Did we get killed? Yes. In other news, we still have 13 games the left this season.

Now you can either handle this one of two ways: sit and whimper about how JR is a terrible owner, or Hurney is the worst GM ever, or how Cam is a pouting crybaby, or whatever else the sky is crashing theory you may have....OR you can take the loss like a man/woman, and just try to get better next week.

Losing sucks. Getting man-handled and losing sucks worse. But sitting there bitching about it is just going to exacerbate the problem.

I know fans don't make that much of an impact, but the very least we can do is support our team through thick and thin.

Signed,

SOJA

TL;DR: Steve Smith is the man, we should all have a little Smitty in us.

When I try to be optimistic, I can say this. We are off the national stage for quite some time. String some wins together, and the next thing you know, this loss will be overshadowed by how the team turned around.

We have the talent for God's sake, can we just find the scheme and the match-ups that will start giving us a consistent edge game to game. Here's to hoping so.

PS - I love you Smitty

Pro football players roll their eyes when they hear about fans bitching. The NFL is too unpredictable from one second to the next to worry about anything but improving yourself. Losses suck, but not only do they only count for one game, but they have zero bearing on the next game or even the next time you play the team that just beat you.

Let me repeat this, because it is the simple, undeniable and ironclad truth: we could play the Giants again today and beat them, and it would mean just as much as our loss last night.

Watch the film, step up, and move on. End of story.

Pro football players roll their eyes when they hear about fans bitching. The NFL is too unpredictable from one second to the next to worry about anything but improving yourself. Losses suck, but not only do they only count for one game, but they have zero bearing on the next game or even the next time you play the team that just beat you.

Let me repeat this, because it is the simple, undeniable and ironclad truth: we could play the Giants again today and beat them, and it would mean just as much as our loss last night.

Watch the film, step up, and move on. End of story.

Most folks are upset because they don't believe we could beat "them" next week. It's depressing and a BIG disappointment yes - but, I seriously doubt we can do better anytime soon.

Now you can either handle this one of two ways: sit and whimper about how JR is a terrible owner, or Hurney is the worst GM ever, or how Cam is a pouting crybaby, or whatever else the sky is crashing theory you may have....OR you can take the loss like a man/woman, and just try to get better next week.

this can't be directed to both fans and players, b/c we have nothing to do with getting better next week

Archived