• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is Jordan Gross our highest paid player?

King Taharqa

I apologize, why is Jordan Gross our 2nd higghest paid player on our team? Hes making 11 mill this year right?

Because he's one of the best left tackles in the game and that's how they get paid. There's only 2 possibilities here, you are ill informed or your guilty of what you have been accused of several times before.

I apologize, why is Jordan Gross our 2nd higghest paid player on our team? Hes making 11 mill this year right?

Now that you have the question right, and I don't have time to look them all up, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Gamble after pro rations is not making about the same as Gross as well.

He is a good (once great) Tackle in the NFL.

He is reliable and healthy.

He is a leader that has never been in trouble.

Steve Smith

Is a good/great WR in the NFL.

He is 2 years older playing a position that does not normally have the longevity that Tackles do.

He is a leader that has had some trouble in the past.

Honestly it's just a position thing.

Salaries maybe but that's not really the end of the story when it comes to NFL contracts.

Bonus money doesn't skew it much....Gross still the highest paid in 2012 at 11.5 with bonus money factored in.

Salary and bonus for 2012

Gross

Then

CJ

Gamble

Williams

Beason

Because he was a top 3 tackle when he got paid, and left tackle being one of the top three paid positions in the NFL...well you understand. There's also the fact that most of our up and coming "stars" are still in rookie contracts. Smith was paid well by league standards when he got his mid-career long contract and he didn't hold out for more money when receivers started getting bigger pay days, because he's not a toolbag like a lot of NFL players. He didn't get paid like a top three WR on his recent deal because it's the end of his career and he was coming off of his worst year ever.

Or it could be because Gross is white??!?!?!? That's gotta be it.

Maybe... He comes to the Bobcats planet boards almost solely to defend Robert Johnson (formor Bobcats owner-BET CEO).

He seriously has to be a troll i cant imagine someone honestly thinks every white person is in some grand conspiricy to keep the black man down in carolina sports lol

Archived