• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raven's Crowd

Herbert The Love Bug

I was at the 06 Panthers-Ravens game in Baltimore. My uncle was able to score us seats in the luxury box of Michael McCrary's parents but we had to sit in the stands for the first half. I felt the atmosphere was just fascinating. At one point the stadium was wobbling below my feet. I loved how we were taunted by the Ravens fans. Just verbal, not physical. Just a reminder that this was their house. A guy stared me down when they took an early lead.

I moved here from Gainesville, Florida in 2003. Huge Gator fan, born and bred. Up until I moved here, I followed my gator players in the NFL and not one team. Now i'm a panther, tried and true. It aggrivates me when the fan base is trounced for not being loud enough or showing up on time, but I know that for whatever reason, the "majority" of fans that make it into the stadium are not the loudest and a bit fickle. I understand why they are not though. My biggest problem with the team is how it is run. You must put a quality program together for a fan base to follow it. Marty Hurney has not done that. Jerry Richardson has not done that. I dont have much faith for the future as long as these two are pulling the strings.

As a fan base, we must demand better. To be a fan base like the Ravens, or Steelers, or Cowboys, we have to hold managements feet to the fire. We have to call for Marty Hurney to be fired. If needs be, we have to call for new ownership. The NFL is a business and not a family. We must be willing to part with those players who are not performing. We must address our needs. We cannot accept mediocrity. Players,coaches, managers, owners must be put on notice. If you do not perform, you do not have a place with this team. We deserve better. We must demand better. Its up to us.

Honestly, I will make a statement but won't keep talking about it, because 2-3 years ago I brought it up and psl owners got pissy at me then....

It's the catch 22 of PSL's. Some of the pros are that you won't hardly ever have a blackout or a game "not sold out". JR and the panthers get their money you when buy the psl, then it's up to you how you invest it. Sure you can sell yourself the ticket and go see a team that is up and coming, but not guarantee of what your gonna see. Or you can sell it to a cowboy fan who hasn't seen his team in 5-7 years, and charge him 2 times what the ticket is worth....what would you do?

The minute you get away from PSL's, sure the risk of not selling out the stadium when you have a shitty product is there, but it gives the normal joe a chance to see his team much easier than BOA buying corporate PSL's and selling them.

I honestly can't wait for the poo storm in 10-20 years when a new stadium is built or needed and PSL won't transfer over....lol

B U L L S H I T, B U L L S H I T, B U L L S H I T, Raven fans chanting in the 4th QTR... It was hilarious... The whole crowd was chanting it...

Al Michael's said, "This is the loudest manure chant I've ever heard".

I wonder if it's a bit of a production because at the end of the game they had the fans cheering after the game then they cut to a camera shot of an empty stadium. Was it stock footage or stock sound?

But yes their entire organization is clearly more geared towards a raucous stadium environment. Jerry has said over and over that's not what he wants our stadium to be like.

While production is definitely part of the issue, I think it's the fact that the Panthers have only been here for 17 years. Kids (who are now 25-30) have been raised to like other teams, and have passed this down to their kids, if they have any. Basically everyone on the huddle needs to have 3 or 4 kids each and teach them all to be panther fans, and tell them to do the same, and we'll have a badass crowd in like 30 years.

I'm only kidding a little bit.

Archived