• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walking dead season 3

nobody

I agree with everyone's opinion on the gov... that one guy had his gun trained on him and didn't shoot, even after the gov had just gunned almost everyone down... dumb.

Otherwise (and I didn't really care for the ending either) it was good. I think they're trying to give Rick his humanity back which he came so close to losing later this season... and setting up a confrontational relationship between Rick and Carl, which won't be a bad thing.

Meh, I didn't care one way or another on Andrea... I didn't like her character much (she was an idealistic idiot) so I don't mind seeing her die from that perspective. Also, since I haven't read the comics, I don't really care that they're diverging from that storyline... they really have to.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Darabont come back. AMC had house money this season and could do what they wanted and the ratings were going to be great. Now based on the ending and online feedback they will refocus on the comic and at least for 2 more seasons get back to the narrative it should have.

Starting off...looks like the Gov's eyes are going down the path of Shane's losing his mind right before he literally lost his mind. The green creeping in his eyes. Good villian and awesome how evil he was in setting up the Andrea/Milton ending.

You knew Milton had to go. There's no way that the producers/directors were going to allow to similar characters (Milton/Hershel) in the same place. I call it the Timecop theory.

I honestly was a bit disappointed in how they developed the prison trap. Felt too loose and uneventful and without a real plan. I guess it served its purpose as simply to drive out the non-combat Woodbury personnel and force the governor to go ape-crap on them. The camera work in the prison dark just lacked something to me. There's ways of making us really feel what those people are feeling with the walls constricting in on them, the noises, and then the alarms drawing the walkers in. Sounds/effects worked...I just think the camera lacked.

Why did Rick/others feel that that repel was sufficient to keep a jerk like the governor out. And they saw how many people leave the prison with him? They "knew" they weren't going to be an issue again? The questioning of how few they'd send out and Glen/Maggie sitting back seemed a ridiculous slant.

As for Rick's merge with Tyreese, I think it finally worked out. You had to have the gov's slaughter to achieve this with the one sole survivor otherwise Rick would've had to side step his awful shooting close enough for Daryl to kill him with an arrow. The actual outcome is what I've been wanting and I think the intent was the whole time. Create this sense of frustration in us on how good people drawn in by governor and seperated from other "good people".

Felt when I heard the moaning in the Andrea chamber that we'd probably see a dead Milton with the pliers in his eye, but a zombie Andrea from the bite. Didn't think they'd have her alive long enough to talk with Rick/Michonne. Closure to that.

As for the bus load, I imagine we have to assume that Tyreese and Rick show how/what the gov was doing to people like Andrea and Milton and convinced them to going with them. I feel it's stupid...but it's the right thing to do. I do know this...I would be having INTERNAL locks on all cells for when these old farts start dying in their sleep they don't slaughter everyone.

As for Carl, I like the Shane slant. He sounded a lot like Shane. I don't know quite where they are going to go with that. Everyone knows Rick/Carl at some point (maybe) will branch off, but how. Maybe to show Carl that the only way to survive is that you need others. Daryl's figured that out. Don't know, but I look forward to it.

I didn't mind the finale, personally I thought it was pretty good. The Gov showing his true self to everyone and mowing errybody down. (my mouth was dropped after that). Andrea coming full circle and killing herself. I did call it the Milton was going to kill the gov, he did try, give me that. I do think they played it safe at the end. They didn't want to have everybody die and truncate the story line but rather elongate it. But one thing I do know is that the "Karen" girl they picked up from Woodbury looks a lot like Lori, and Rick has been pretty lonely...

Extremely disappointing finale. Yeah the gov shooting up everyone was 'jaw dropping' but we already knew he was a psycho. Why the hell did Martinez and Ed Reed go with him anyway? That made no sense to me.

A season finale is supposed to have closure, the end of a chapter. This was just another episode.

Extremely disappointing finale. Yeah the gov shooting up everyone was 'jaw dropping' but we already knew he was a psycho. Why the hell did Martinez and Ed Reed go with him anyway? That made no sense to me.

A season finale is supposed to have closure, the end of a chapter. This was just another episode.

A season finale is supposed to do the exact oppisite. Leave you wanting more. Yeah Gov was a psycho but did you really expect him to just start mowing down his own people? That really hasn't been his style. Its pretty obvious that the writers wanted the woodbury chapter to end but not nessessarily the gov chapter. Personally if they wanted it to be a "finale" by your definition it should have been 2 hrs.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but the homer-goggles for this show is amazing on the interwebs. Show has took amazing source material and ruined it. You would figure a show on a channel that has Breaking Bad and Mad Men (some of the best acting on TV) would do better at selections. I would ignore the terrible acting if the show had good pacing and good arcs but they can't even do that. They need to go back to 12-13 episodes with less filler, the actors can't do filler episodes.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but the homer-goggles for this show is amazing on the interwebs. Show has took amazing source material and ruined it. You would figure a show on a channel that has Breaking Bad and Mad Men (some of the best acting on TV) would do better at selections. I would ignore the terrible acting if the show had good pacing and good arcs but they can't even do that. They need to go back to 12-13 episodes with less filler, the actors can't do filler episodes.

lol. I love this response. Why would you keep watching if you find it so horrible in all aspects?

BTW, I do agree that the finale was not nearly as good as it could have or should have been. I also didn't like that the Governor storyline will continue, unless they find some really creative way to keep him important

i did feel cheated by the episode, but it had nothing to do with the way it ended and everything to do with the way certain situations were resolved. locking a dying milton in with a restrained andrea was brilliant writing. i thought that was a good end to the season.

what pisses me off is the governor just slipping away like that and everyone at woodbury decides OMG A RUINED PRISON FULL OF ZOMBIES SOUNDS COOL AS poo BRO SIGN ME UP was lame as fug

carl killing that kid in cold blood was awesome. the little poo shoulda dropped his shotgun when they told him to.

Archived