• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney interview on WFNZ @ 8:45a

Johnny Rockets

this was discussed quite a bit a couple years ago. he's been working without a contract for several years and part of it is because he hasn't signed the one that JR gave him and that has been sitting on his desk.

i think he said it has something to do with loyalty to JR.

there were some people who needed government surveillance as proof or else it wasn't true... to them, I scoff...

You know how long I have defended him.

But the past few years have just been too much.

2009 draft.

2010 draft

2010 spending spree

2011 draft (minus Cam)

2011 ignoring of needs

I understand building through the draft, hell I am all for it.

But that doesn't mean you ignore Free Agency.

It doesn't mean you overpay your guys.

*sigh*

I feel like I am the last rat jumping off a sinking ship...

Read my mind cant defend Hurney any more. I think this past offseason sealed it for me. Time for a new GM.

You know how long I have defended him.

But the past few years have just been too much.

2009 draft.

2010 draft

2010 spending spree

2011 draft (minus Cam)

2011 ignoring of needs

I understand building through the draft, hell I am all for it.

But that doesn't mean you ignore Free Agency.

It doesn't mean you overpay your guys.

*sigh*

I feel like I am the last rat jumping off a sinking ship...

Yes, I remember how long most folks have. I have been in more e-arguements about Hurney than I even knew were possible.

He has absolutely crippled this team, and I am glad to finally have you on board with me.

When I hear words like Core Players, Paying our Own, and We Spend like other Teams, I cringe.

Yes, I remember how long most folks have. I have been in more e-arguements about Hurney than I even knew were possible.

He has absolutely crippled this team, and I am glad to finally have you on board with me.

When I hear words like Core Players, Paying our Own, and We Spend like other Teams, I cringe.

He was solid till around 2007.

Then the fuging wheels starting falling off.

The guy is an absolutely terrible GM but I respect him for taking a public beating like this. Unfortunately for him, going on the radio and making a bunch of public statements can do nothing but hurt his job status. After listening to the interview, the tension is his voice is definitely noticeable.

Ooh, ooh, pick me.

Matt Millen.

Millen was fired due to angry fans holding a protest. I swear, every day I get closer and closer to writing that letter to JR. Maybe you Charlotte boys could organize a protest of sorts. JR will do nothing until someone gets in HIS face. And to date, I bet not one person has. Ok, maybe his sons. Oops.

I have no problem with this years draft. I think it's one of the best drafts Hurney has ever had. You can make the argument that Hurney drafted a 2 down LB over a D lineman like Cox, or CB like Gilmore. I personally think he's a 3 down LB but the fact right now, is that we're not playing him as such.

Archived