• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KILL THE READ OPTION BEFORE THE BEARS

ncsfinest21

The season is over anyway.

At this point I could care less about it, we are not a playoff team.

Might as well hope for a good pick.

Yeah, I've reconciled myself to the reality that we're just an easy W for everyone else in the NFL this season. We sure aren't playing for pride or self-respect, so playing for draft picks is about the only thing left to us. I just hate it that I spent as much money on the Panthers this year as I did. Oh well, I still have tix to the Raiders game, so I'll go watch them whip us too, then put a capon this crappy year.

Bears will eat this up. But I expect Rivera to give this game to his former team. I dont know how much fight this team has. I hope we can turn it around but...This read option sh*t has to go. 2 rushes for DWill. Our QB is our leading rusher because of the read option . WTF. Dwill has no run room after Cam holds the ball for 2 secs and gives it to him. How the hell you expect Dwill to do anything when by the time he has the ball he is staring at two defenders. Cut this sh*t out the playbook.

Even if Rivera does try to win the game, how the hell can we have any faith that we will win. He knows how dangerous Devin Hester is on ST, and he punted one right to Hester that he returned for a touchdown. I still can't comprehend why he did that. The Bears are going to kill us.

any major scheme shift would have happened during the bye

Exactly. NFL coaches' playbooks are set by the time OTAs start in the offseason because they need so much time to implement the hundreds of plays. If any changes are going to be made, it will be in Jan/Feb/March/April, maybe after Chud has been fired and becomes another bottom-feeder's secondary coach or something.

Bears will eat this up. But I expect Rivera to give this game to his former team. I dont know how much fight this team has. I hope we can turn it around but...This read option sh*t has to go. 2 rushes for DWill. Our QB is our leading rusher because of the read option . WTF. Dwill has no run room after Cam holds the ball for 2 secs and gives it to him. How the hell you expect Dwill to do anything when by the time he has the ball he is staring at two defenders. Cut this sh*t out the playbook.

In order to kill the RO, they will have to kick Chud to the curb.... and since I haven't heard that he got pink slip, I assume we will see the same bs next week.

In my opinion, the read option is a good play to run on occasion for a change of pace. Unfortunately someone needs to realize that NFL defenses are good enough to figure out how to stop a play if that's all they have to plan for. Especially if it takes 3 seconds to develop!! Also, I think it really causes deangelo problems because he doesn't have time to get any momentum before the defenders are on him. He just isn't as powerful a runner as Stewart.

Archived