• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I will get bashed for this but... any chance Carolina makes run for 6-6?

Mage

I know this might not be the most likely thing but this Carolina team has shown an ability to play great football at times. "Should have, could have, would have" isn't an excuse for me but we barely lost to Tampa in the opening game against a team we weren't sure how to gameplan against and a team that gave New York fits the following week because of it. We had Atlanta beat if Newton had the ball not bounced behind the first down marker. Probably should have beat Seattle. No reason to lose to Dallas or Chicago.

But alas, we did lose. However, we just beat Washington and our upcoming schedule is as follows -

vs Denver

vs Tampa Bay

@ Philadelphia

@ Kansas City

The best team on that list, Denver, we get to play at home and I'm sure some of the players will be motivated playing against Fox. We get to play Tampa at home as well. Then our two road games are against Philly and KC. KC is just a flat out pathetic team - worse than even the 0-16 Detroit Lions. Philly are turnover machines.

I'm not saying we will. As a matter of fact, it'd surprise me. Just wonder how likely you guys think it is. In the case we did make the push to 6-6, the only quality team we'd have after that is Atlanta (at home).

If we beat Denver I like our chances at going 6-6 but that will be a very tough task.

Say we beat Denver, I can see us holding Doug Martin in check and Chud learning from his mistakes week 1 against TB. They are banged up on the offensive line and our defensive line has been playing lights out.

Against Philly I believe Cam will be hungry and want another shot at playing under the big lights of MNF. If we can consistently pressure Vick he will turn the ball over and we must keep McCoy to an average stat line.

In Kansas City, stop the run and get to the QB and we win.

In each of this games it is absolutely crucial we pressure the QB and slow down their running games. Thankfully for us, that's exactly what our team has done in recent weeks.

i think we can.

if the team keeps onplaying and being coached like they were today....absolutely.

i like our chances.

we've hung with everyone except for the giants and it looks like this team turned a corner today.

i've got my fingers crossed.

game against the broncos is going to be huge. i really hope we pull it off.

Archived