• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com Article: Panthers Winning outcome, Losing Attitude

Sword

Hard to imagine after reading that that the players don't love Rivera... Have we all been wrong about him? We're we also wrong about Hurney? We're all certainly very emotionally involved with this team... But to times like these where I really question... What do we really know???? Even the most in tune fan doesn't know much, even though we'll all argue that we do until we're blue in the face.

One thing i think well agree with....It's hard not to be proud after a situation and win like that!

this is the kind of fire and raw passion we've been clearly missing through the first portion of the season (and arguably through a huge chunk of last season, if not the entire thing.)

i hope it's infectious. if rivera's worth his poo as a coach he'll find a way to channel this.

I think he already has... Someone posted earlier today that CJ tweeted that the players had the day off, and yet when he arrived at the stadium this am for extra work and film... That the parking lot was full. Not planned either

I think he already has... Someone posted earlier today that CJ tweeted that the players had the day off, and yet when he arrived at the stadium this am for extra work and film... That the parking lot was full. Not planned either

It'd be nice to get some wins out of all this extra work they're putting in

It'd be nice to get some wins out of all this extra work they're putting in

This team came into a game at 1-6 and played their hearts out. I'm a believer when Rivera says that this team practices as if they're still in the hunt. We have a bright future... And although the hard work and determination hasn't resulted in W's on the field... I think that we now have changed our tides and these players have a WINNERS mentality. That's a huge step in future success.

I'm proud of Hardy for speaking out and for his play on the field, but have a different take on this than some.

This team lacks in leadership and it manifests itself in an inability to close out games that are close, but it also manifests itself in outbursts like Greg's. Put simply, this team is not getting the leadership it needs from the coaches. Rivera is waiting for someone to do the things he should be doing. If he becomes an effective leader, others will emulate him.

The biggest problem is at the top, not with the guys on the field.

I'm proud of Hardy for speaking out and for his play on the field, but have a different take on this than some.

This team lacks in leadership and it manifests itself in an inability to close out games that are close, but it also manifests itself in outbursts like Greg's. Put simply, this team is not getting the leadership it needs from the coaches. Rivera is waiting for someone to do the things he should be doing. If he becomes an effective leader, others will emulate him.

Additionally you'd have to give props for Rivera's handling of the situation in general.

You can't complain about "not enough leadership" and then a guy steps up (right or wrong way) and he's smashed down and blasted by team mates and coaches

My head is spinning.... so yesterday up by one score deep in our end, Cam drops back and launches a deep pass to Edwards resulting in a big play, followed by TD and up two scores. That was not playing safe. The last drive, sure it was not great but the week before we had the pick six. I did not like the almost comeback by the Skins, but THIS TIME WE WON!! Wasnt the problem this team doesnt know how to win... maybe this was a start of that learning process.

Rivera's leadership can only go so far. The players have to take ownership of what they do on the field and how they execute. They have to motivate and lead themselves...they are the ones who have to perform at the end of the day. If they are relying on Rivera to fire them up or lead them..then why are they here to begin with? These guys are professional NFL players...they need to be accountable for their own careers and take it upon themselves to turn around the culture.

Rivera also needs to look in the mirror and realize that his old ways are not putting his team in a position to win. The fact that we are transitioning to a traditional offense and the fact our defense is better the past few games...to me I see Rivera's footprint on both of those situations...it's about damn time because everyone was put on notice with Marty being kicked out...so the fact that Rivera is making some changes = being a leader

#soapbox

Archived