• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Newton genuinely disliked around the league?

Hotsauce

He isn't respected either... Shown by stacking the box and daring him to throw.

Teams did that last year and he ate them alive via a pro style drop back and pass. Teams do it this year and are in the backfield before the read option develops.

People are placing too big of an emphasis on Cam Newton in regards to how this team is doing.

Panthers/Giants, remember?

Anyway. the entire Denver team had a chip on their shoulder because of the past history with John Fox in Charlotte. Apparently they respect him a lot and wanted to win for him in Charlotte....As if that is a hard thing to do. We get it, we suck.

When he did it against the Giants we weren't down by a lot. We were down by a score or two, at that point the game was still within reach.

I remember the media taking a mere two score deficit at the top of the 3rd and trying to force it into an issue until gullible fans like the one seen above who were looking for absolutely any excuse to down on him snowballed it into some lingering "problem."

Are you one of those poor, deluded souls as well?

I don't care what the deficit was, we didn't compete the entire night. We got flat out owned, and it was painful to watch.

I don't care what the deficit was. We were getting owned that game, and it was painful to watch.

Before, you said he celebrated when we were down by a lot implying you had a problem with it. Now you're saying you don't care what the deficit was. So what I'm gathering is you're one of those "durr durr Barry Sanders durr hand ball to ref ahyuck" types who doesn't want celebrations at all, or at the least you have to have a Super Bowl ring or something like that to be eligible to celebrate. Gotcha.

Before, you said he celebrated when we were down by a lot implying you had a problem with it. Now you're saying you don't care what the deficit was. So what I'm gathering is you're one of those "durr durr Barry Sanders durr hand ball to ref ahyuck" types who doesn't want celebrations at all, or at the least you have to have a Super Bowl ring or something like that to be eligible to celebrate. Gotcha.

Whatever you say little buddy, we were down 23-7 when he did his Superman pose. That seems like a large deficit to me. I guess if you like your players to act like cheerleaders when we are getting our ass kicked, then go right on ahead and eat it up.

The way there defense was dancing after every play I am surprised no one pushed Von Miller and a brawl broke out.

That's because this O line is coochie...you know what I wanted to type there. People are trying to use the lack of retaliation, as an Indictment of Cam. I say it says more about the lack of pride this staff exudes and the players possess.

Right now I'd take John Fox over this incompetent staff. A John Fox led team just came into our house and whooped our asses. Feels great!

if we had an offensive coordinator on the field playing the quarterback position and jack del rio running the defense and fox's responsibilities consisted solely of yelling at the refs, calling timeouts, giving the halftime speech, and throwing challenge flags then hell yes we would be a better team.

denver is handcuffing fox and protecting him from himself, which is genius. wish we could have done that here.

I'll be honest, I never liked the Superman thing, the airplane motion he does during pre-game, or the little "1st down thing" he does.

He broke records last year, he ran 700 yds last year, he won 6 games last year. He has only led this team to 8 wins so far - other than be the #1 overall pick, he hasn't done enough for all the showboating that he does. I think thats why the media, analyst, and opposing players don't like him. His actions are critiqued because he displays a "me" attitude - "look at me, I'm Superman - but let me go mope on the sidelines too".

Other than Rogers, which QB's have so much "look at me" attitude? No wonder no one likes him.

Archived