• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone here concerned with Cam's future (next year)?

Can't see this happening.

We have no further to look than Tampa Bay 2011 as a blueprint for 2nd year QB struggles and the success that can follow when a QB is given an offseason under a new staff.

You don't toss away a talent like Cam. You surround him with a capable offensive line and a coaching staff that will invest the time to develop him and will put him on a path to become a very good QB in this league, by catering the offense to his skill set.

about half or more of your threads are about your fears of him leaving or speculation and hopes that we give him a lifetime contract and about ALL your threads are about him one way or another. and you think gene chizik would be a viable option as our HC. im sure im not the only who's getting sick of it.

Watching GOATCam post about Cam is like watching an abusive relationship. One minute Cam sucks, Cam's terrible, Cam needs to go, the very next minute Cam's junk is deep down his throat once again. For him to call himself "objective" is laughable at best. Objectivity is not going from one extreme to the other, every other day.

He'll most definitely be here but I'm just so uneasy about his future in general because of this damn organization it's beyond him but at the same time all about him since he's the face of it all. We gave him the keys to a car sucked in a twister without Helen Hunt or Bill Paxton.

You guys keep talking about last year. everyone's offensive numbers were up last year. and I have also heard it repeated by many that cam just can't run a pro style o, and, he has done nothing this season to prove them wrong. given his immaturity. and all of the basic coaching he needs, hell have you paid attention to his footwork. the superstar u guys are praying for is just not there and I for one hope the new gm sees it and does something about it before we waste to much time in something that's not gonna work.

That douche Marc Taylor on the drive said an inside "source" told him its a possibility the Panthers will look to draft the QB from NCstate and if Cam doesn't turn it around they will make a change.....

Haaaaaa but for what that's worth, not much. I hate the Drive

The building of this franchise and turn around will occur with Cam Newton as the QB..... or at least the next GM and Coaching staff will be trying to do that. Cam has not been perfect, but fix this teams other issues and his will solve themselves. I actually think Cam and this offense is better when they actually run a traditional offense... the problem is they barely do that.

You guys keep talking about last year. everyone's offensive numbers were up last year. and I have also heard it repeated by many that cam just can't run a pro style o, and, he has done nothing this season to prove them wrong. given his immaturity. and all of the basic coaching he needs, hell have you paid attention to his footwork. the superstar u guys are praying for is just not there and I for one hope the new gm sees it and does something about it before we waste to much time in something that's not gonna work.

Cam can't run a pro style O? Really?

What do you think he was running last year when he put up record numbers? What do you think he ran in our 1 successful scoring drive in the first half against Denver?

Ironically, you could make a much better case that he is adept at a pro style offense, but struggles when put in a system more like what colleges are running now (spread, read option, etc.).

Watching GOATCam post about Cam is like watching an abusive relationship. One minute Cam sucks, Cam's terrible, Cam needs to go, the very next minute Cam's junk is deep down his throat once again. For him to call himself "objective" is laughable at best. Objectivity is not going from one extreme to the other, every other day.

Thats the life of following the NFL sweetheart. And its not quite that bad.

Didn't you say in the game thread yesterday that you had talked to a coach on our staff who said Cam cannot run a pro style offense?

If this is true, if that is the feeling; there might be problems going forward.

It was an ex coach but yes that was what he said....that Cam really struggles reading defenses.

Cam can't run a pro style O? Really?

What do you think he was running last year when he put up record numbers? What do you think he ran in our 1 successful scoring drive in the first half against Denver?

Ironically, you could make a much better case that he is adept at a pro style offense, but struggles when put in a system more like what colleges are running now (spread, read option, etc.).

He said that Cam struggles reading defenses and that the team us trying to give him an offense that was as comfortable to him as they could make it. A lot of the stuff that he ran in college.

Also go back and look at last year. Most if his stats came I. The first 8 games when teams stacked the box because they did not think he could pass. In the second half of last season and so far this season, they are playing him differently. And, his stats have fallen off big time.

Archived