• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Gruden and QB development

teeray

Still, teams from one year to the next have been known to have huge swings in win loss total yearly. Given that is the case it's almost impossible and too many variables to insinuate the the added 3 wins came as a result of Gruden.

He did the same in Oakland taking them from last place at 4-12 to 8-8 in year 1.

Tampa is 25-35 since John Gruden left. The year after Gruden left they went from 9-7 to 3-13. They also blew yup the roster so that doesn't really mean anything.

I don't really want him, but whether his players liked him or not he won more than he lost.

Tom Coughlin was run out of Jacksonville and nearly run out of NY because his players didn't like him either. Bill Parcells wasn't beloved by his players.

But the players seem to really like Ron Rivera so maybe we should just keep him.

Gruden gets play because of his personality and celebrity status.

Those are lousy reasons to choose a head coach.

There are better options than Gruden.

What about his .540 win percentage (which was even higher in Oakland where he built it from the ground up so you can't give all that credit to Dungy), 5 division championships, and Super Bowl win?

Are those good reasons?

He took Dungy's Bucs to the basement in record time.

Do not want.

The Bucs were Dungy's team.

Gruden ran that team into the ground. He played 'musical chairs' with his QBs and by the time he was done, the players were ready to mutiny rather than ever play for him again

Absolutely and emphatically, no.

Then the same must absolutely be said that Bill Callahan took Gruden's Raiders to the Super Bowl to face Gruden and the Bucs.

Tony Dungy was 2-4 in the PLayoffs with the Bucs during his 6 years in Tampa Bay including One and Done his last 2 years in Tamp Bay.

Jon Gruden brought TB a Lombardi in one year.

You might give him a little credit.

Following his career as Head Coach of the Colts Tony Dungy 4 times was One and Done in Indy in the Playoffs during his tenure.

This with Peyton Manning as his QB.

What do Cam Newton and John Gruden have in common?........They're both icons and entertainers! :cool: The combined swagger of Gruden and Newton would be off the charts and everybody in the NFL would totally hate us. Gruden would love to crush Tampa Bay and New Orleans twice a year.

I don't want a college coach or the next thing assistant. We need a guy with head coaching experience to be the leader of this team. Is Gruden that guy? I don't know, but the media here would be ridiculous if Gruden and Cam were united.

Say what you want about Chucky but he has been successful and may just be the type of icon entertainer coach Cam may need. There is no doubt he has helped QB's. He a good offensive mind who knows what Smitty and DeAngelo can do firsthand and has confessed his love for both men. He would immediately control the locker room before stepping foot into the place.

Is Chucky better than Rivera? ...OK, how about John Fox?.. I don't know if John Gruden would be a success here but I know it would be iconic and entertaining if it all went down and ESPN would be all over it.

I wouldn't totally dismiss the notion. This young team needs a real head coach.

Archived