• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Those of you with a truck

Hawk

I have driven all the trucks and prefer Chevy/GMC. Dodge is always behind the curve and Ford tends to try and make things too complicated and they end up breaking. Tundra's are nice, but I'm not buying Jap anything when we make perfectly good trucks here.

Just bought a 2012 Toyota Tundra and I freaking love everything about it.

Make sure you get it from a Rick Hendrick Dealership I.e. Toyota of Concord.

I got lifetime powertrain warrenty on mine because of the Rick Hendrick dealership. 100$ deductible on any powertrain issues when my 60,000 toyota powertrain is over.

Make sure you atleast get the TRD and SR5 packages.

I know you said you wanted a fullsize but I had a 2008 4.0 supercharged Nissan Frontier that was a fuging beast for a midsized truck. It was the only vehicle that I've bought brand new and I loved that thing. I used to tow my dads 22ft ski boat from Boone to Watauga lake with ease, not to mention our 30ft job-site box trailer. it actually had a larger tow capacity than his F150.

I have driven all the trucks and prefer Chevy/GMC. Dodge is always behind the curve and Ford tends to try and make things too complicated and they end up breaking. Tundra's are nice, but I'm not buying Jap anything when we make perfectly good trucks here.

America! F CK YEAH!!

If your main purpose is "handy man" type stuff, you might want to think through bed size on the smaller trucks.

Sheetrock and other items can be a pain in the but to haul with small beds. Once or twice, no biggie, but continually having to compensate for small bed issues can be a hassle

i dont remember how big the beds are on tacomas. i was able to fit everything i needed in the bed of my ranger... i can't imagine the tacoma's bed is smaller

i'll be in the market for a new truck in about six months... my faithful ford ranger that i've had since high school blew up this summer and i've been getting around in a 1987 volvo station wagon that looks like it belongs on a brady bunch set. i'm trying to get into flipping houses as a side project and i can't exactly haul around sheetrock and two-by-fours in what i've got.

anybody here got opinions on toyota tacomas? i'm leaning towards an 03 or 04 model, my parents owned one when i was in high school and from the little bit of driving i did with it it was outstanding.

Honestly dude, just go with an older model ford or GM fullsize.

You are going to pay out the ass for a Toyota just to beat the hell out of it.

Honestly dude, just go with an older model ford or GM fullsize.

You are going to pay out the ass for a Toyota just to beat the hell out of it.

i've found 2002-ish toyota tacomas for $5-6000. they also have decent maintenance records and relatively good gas mileage.

everyone i know who drives a GM, fullsize or otherwise, tells me not to do it.

I have a little ranger with a 4 cylinder that I run the heck out of. One of the most reliable and easy to maintain vehicles I have ever owned. Only issue I have ever had with it was the battery died about a month ago, at 60,000 miles. On the very rare occassions that I need to haul something bigger than the ranger can handle, I borrow my buddies trailer.

Most any brand will be ok if its been taken care of and had all the regular maintenance done. Generally speaking, trucks are usually pretty well put together. If you have verifiable maintenance records for the truck, and you like it, then that is what I would go with.

Archived