• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach Brown wants Steph Curry

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-NBA-Combine-Edition-3235

-Larry Brown is reportedly extremely high on Stephen Curry, and may be willing to trade up in order to get him. Apparently he views him as being able to play either guard position, even alongside Charlotte?s current group of point guards, Raymond Felton and D.J. Augustin.

Thoughts on this? personally I wouldn't trade up at all for Curry why not Tyreke Evans, Harden or Derozon. Some Curry fans will like this possible scenario though.

Better than drafting another UNC player

I think he's Eddie House V2 or best case Mike Bibby no way would I trade up for him when you could trade up for a the guys I mention in my post or just stay put an take Gerald Henderson, Terrence Williams defensive minded two guards.

Maybe Brown is thinking a few moves ahead. I'd be surprised if he doesnt make a few trades. DE has Curry going 8 to the Knicks. If the Cats stay at 12 I'd like to see DeRozan, Henderson, or Evans picked.

In my fantasy land, will never happen mind, I'd love to see Brown trade 12 and Wallace or Felton for Beasley or the Clips for Griffin. This team needs a star. No big time FA will come to Charlotte, so Charlotte will have to go all in on a young guy and pray he turns into something special. Its the only way fans will come to the games. Heck, its even hard for me to get interested in the Cats and I was a hardcore Hornets fan when they were in Charlotte.

If he is there at twelve grab him, but on the espn rumor mill it says OKC is looking at him at the number three pick. Also if Brown really wants a shooting guard or point guard then he has options such as Ricky Rubio, James Harden, Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday, Jonny Flynn, DeMar DeRozan, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, and Gerald Henderson. Thats a pretty good group.

Instant box office success. You want to fill seats in the Charlotte area? Like the pick or not the Bobcats see the bonus potential of Curry. He could sub for Ray or DJ. If he was to go to NY he would have huge expectations placed upon his shoulders for which he may or may not be ready for.

I remember an article where they were saying Curry did better on coach Capel's 3 point drill than any Bobcat by far. That is impressive.

Instant box office success. You want to fill seats in the Charlotte area? Like the pick or not the Bobcats see the bonus potential of Curry.

Yea because it worked out greatly for us in past drafts w/ Felts, McMay & Ammo :rolleyes:

Fans will support if you're winning like they did when we started to play great Ball after the J-Rich trade.

Archived