• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo has got to go

SIGCHI222

Stewart was 8 carries for 27 yards. That's fuging dreadful.

if William's 11 yard run doesn't get called back, he had a better game than Stewart.

Both of our backs are good. Scheme and blocking are not.

This. Can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. The problem isn't Williams.

Signing bonus is still there if you restructure. Hurney and JR fuged us with these deals....

All we can hope for is a new staff with a scheme that utilizes what we have on the roster. Instead of asking guys to play away from their strengths.

This team would have a chance if we did that from the beginning

This. Can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. The problem isn't Williams.

Sure it is. In this offense. Williams is bad. YPC is comparable to Stewart....only difference is Stewart consistantly grinds out small yards. Williams does nothing over and over hurting drives then has 1 run to give him a YPC near Stewart.

OL wasn't an issue last year. Didn't fit then either. Each passing year he gets worse thanks to Father Time as well

All we can hope for is a new staff with a scheme that utilizes what we have on the roster. Instead of asking guys to play away from their strengths.

This team would have a chance if we did that from the beginning

Heck no.....last thing we need to do is hire another coach and ask him to win with a majority Hurney/Fox roster. THAT is a big reason we suck. Don't want to go back to Fox ball.

I honestly think the issue with D-Will is 70% scheme and 30% Dwill. Even with this horrible season D-Will isn't far behind J-Stew as far as performance. I believe D-Will is at 3.4 ypc and J-Stew is at 3.6.

This obviously doesn't tell the whole tale, but I think there is a lot of overraction in this thread.

All that being said I agree with others when they say we should look for the first chance to get rid of him, but for me not because of performance, rather it's his contract and the bad fit in the scheme.

If he goes to a team like GB where he can be the primary back I think he could easily still put up 1100 yds with ypc from around 4.7 to 5.1.

Heck no.....last thing we need to do is hire another coach and ask him to win with a majority Hurney/Fox roster. THAT is a big reason we suck. Don't want to go back to Fox ball.

What I meant was playing to whoever is on our roster, their strengths. Didn't say keep dead weight around. My point is if we have I formation backs....run I form...not read option

If we have a receiving TE...ask him to receive....not block Von Miller one on one...

Stuff like that. Utilize our strengths...

Stewart was 8 carries for 27 yards. That's fuging dreadful.

if William's 11 yard run doesn't get called back, he had a better game than Stewart.

Both of our backs are good. Scheme and blocking are not.

Eh.. The stats really don't tell the story here..

Sure it is. In this offense. Williams is bad. YPC is comparable to Stewart....only difference is Stewart consistantly grinds out small yards. Williams does nothing over and over hurting drives then has 1 run to give him a YPC near Stewart.

OL wasn't an issue last year. Didn't fit then either. Each passing year he gets worse thanks to Father Time as well

Yes, OL wasn't an issue last year, which is why Williams had 836 yards and 7 touchdowns. OL is an issue this year. It's quite obvious. Even Stewart had 761 yards and 4 touchdowns. Neither of them will come close to those numbers this year. Has nothing to do with "fitting" or "father time". I wouldn't call 836 yards with 7 TDs bad, considering he split carries with two other people.

Archived