• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you that want to cut Jordan Gross...

Awesomeness!!

Will people please cite exacts on when Gross has shown to have lost it? I ask because some clowns were crying that he got murdered against KC when he only gave up two pressures, one that led to a 7yd gain and the other was the LaFell drop. Otherwise he kept his side of the line protected, and I saw some healthy runs when going off the left side.

I can't help but think most of the hate for Gross from people looking at two numbers (his age and his contract) instead of the actual player.

The people who want to cut Gross now are probably the same people who wanted to cut Gamble after 2010. That was a stupid idea then and this is a stupid idea now.

Not even close.

I've always loved Gamble. Gross is about money, and declining performance.

Isn't he one of the guys who would cost more against the cap to cut than keep?

No. He and Gamble count roughly $23 million against the cap next year and neither have much in the way of unallocated bonus. At minimum they will have to be open to re-structuring or will likely be gone by necessity.

No. He and Gamble count roughly $23 million against the cap next year and neither have much in the way of unallocated bonus. At minimum they will have to be open to re-structuring or will likely be gone by necessity.

Ah. Well it sure would be nice if they restructure. I imagine they'll just sign extensions that give them 2 or 3 more years and lower their cap numbers by like half. I don't foresee either of them leaving. Would be pretty irresponsible to cut your best player in the secondary (by far) and your team captain LT who, despite popular opinion here, isn't playing THAT bad. Bad game against Denver but otherwise better than at least half of the test of the league. The problem is both Guard spots (Amini's still learning obviously) and Center.

Archived