• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants have nothing to play for this week..

xtheronx

think about it..

if they win/lose .. if we win/lose ... this sunday .. it doesnt matter to them.. they already have clinched their division ..

the game 12/21 vs Carolina is the game of the year for them..!

they need to win regardless of what happens this week in order to get homefield advantage...

that's why i don't see jacobs playing this week... they're going to rest him so he will be fresh playing us...

not saying the game vs dallas is irrelevent.. but i can definitely see them focusing on carolina more....

all they have to do is beat carolina and the rest of the games remaining mean nothing... it will guarantee them a first round bye and home-field advantage throughout... even if they lose the other 2...

too bad we're going to kick their a**!

1) they want to have homefield advantage

and the bigger one....

2) they don't want carolina to have homefield advantage.

they have to win out to keep that from happening.

exactly... but the point of the thread is that..

no matter if they win or lose the remaining games scheduled... all they have to do is beat carolina next week and they get that....

think about it..

if they win/lose .. if we win/lose ... this sunday .. it doesnt matter to them.. they already have clinched their division ..

the game 12/21 vs Carolina is the game of the year for them..!

they need to win regardless of what happens this week in order to get homefield advantage...

that's why i don't see jacobs playing this week... they're going to rest him so he will be fresh playing us...

not saying the game vs dallas is irrelevent.. but i can definitely see them focusing on carolina more....

all they have to do is beat carolina and the rest of the games remaining mean nothing... it will guarantee them a first round bye and home-field advantage throughout... even if they lose the other 2...

too bad we're going to kick their a**!

Not necessarily true. That assumes that we win as well. If they win and we don't this week, then next weeks game is irrelevant and they win homefield even if we beat them as long as they win their last game.

On the other hand if we lose one, the Giants lose 2 and Tampa wins out, with the various tiebreakers Tampa could still win.

So each team needs to win to assure homefield advantage although the Giants have the inside track.

i was looking at the playoff scenario generator and i think you are right.

everything hinges on the game next week. crazy. they could lose 2 games and win against us and no matter how we do those other two weeks they will be playing in NY the rest of the playoffs.

crazy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&15=00000000&16=44100004&17=00100040

They're playing an arch rival. If you don't think they'll be up for that, turn in your Fan Card.
i do think they won't be blowing it off. they need a win after last week and they sure don't want to lose to the cowboys.

other than to the morale of the team, though, this game doesn't carry a lot of weight.....not as far as the playoffs are concerned.

we, on the other hand, can not afford to take any game lightly. keep the games at home. that's what it's all about.

If we win two and they win one, we'll both be 12-4. Won't we have the tie breaker if we beat them hesd to head?

To break a tie within a division — two clubs:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied precentage in games between the clubs).

Or they could win two, we lose two beating them and they finish 13-3, us 11-5. We beating them means nothing.

Dallas is a huge game for them.

I disagree. The Giants would love to keep momentum up going to the playoffs as well as trying to keep the spot ahead of us. To think the Giants will be sitting players or not playing hard is absurd. They went balls to the wall in the last game vs Patriots last year when the playoff position was already set. Tom Coughlin is not that type of coach.

Not necessarily true. That assumes that we win as well. If they win and we don't this week, then next weeks game is irrelevant and they win homefield even if we beat them as long as they win their last game.

On the other hand if we lose one, the Giants lose 2 and Tampa wins out, with the various tiebreakers Tampa could still win.

So each team needs to win to assure homefield advantage although the Giants have the inside track.

About the first part, even if they win and we lose this week, it would still be possible to get the #1 seed, both finishing 12-4 and we holding the H2H tiebreaker, right?

Good point about TB, not sure why everyone is forgetting them, if they can win in Atl this week, its a 3 team race for the #1 seed. They could easily finish 12-4 as well. It blows my mind that people can seriously think the #1 seeded team in the conference can be playing a meaningless game with 3 weeks to go and two teams 2 or less games behind them.

Archived