• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Very important poll - please vote!

Zod

Should cold beer be delivered and served to the cheap seats all game long?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Should cold beer be delivered and served to the cheap seats all game long?

• Yes of course
    • No, people get too rowdy and it frightens me
    • No, some may spill on my vagina

Beer has always been cut off in the 4th for everybody, upper and lower due to liability issues. Remember, in the state of NC, if you serve someone who later gets in a car and causes an accident, then you as a bartender can be liable as well for that accident...
i can see both sides of that but if that is the case it makes shutting off the 4th much more sensible.

i can see both sides of that but if that is the case it makes shutting off the 4th much more sensible.

The house is also liable. And you know how religious and family oriented JR is. In fact, IIRC, there was some question of whether beer would be sold at the stadium at all when it was first starting...

No

The organization doesn't need the liability of excessively drunk patrons in the stands nor on the road after the game. 1 dead pedestrian or driver and Panthers are potentially liable. Answer is very simple regardless of the slant of your questions.

Poll Questions are slanted to get a particular response as any "No" answer is made to look like a wussy. Sorry just stupid to answer Yes on this one for anybody with the best interests of the public and the team. Also there will be a lot of Women and Children at these games.

Boo!How do you know that drunk that ran over the pedestrian didn't get wasted at one of the local bars?I'm in favor of serving beer in the stands and our crowd is too quiet anyway,unlike those rowdy Caniacs!

I wish they would just have the vendors carry the beer up in the upper levels. You always end up missing some of the game by going and getting a beer. Halftime its slammed and takes to long and I always get back once the 3rd starts. I have no issues with stopping sales at the start of the 4th but save me the hassle of taking 30 stairs 8 times a game.

Sell up till the 4th quarter. I'm with del on the crowd control part. If anything, that sends a sublte message to dial it down some. Of course you got nim rods who seem to consistently have no regard for anyone around them.

I would bet the stadium/vendors could crank out +10% in beer sales simply by walking it up to the good people in the upper deck. This guy sure would appreciate that.

Sell up till the 4th quarter. I'm with del on the crowd control part. If anything, that sends a sublte message to dial it down some. Of course you got nim rods who seem to consistently have no regard for anyone around them.

I would bet the stadium/vendors could crank out +10% in beer sales simply by walking it up to the good people in the upper deck. This guy sure would appreciate that.

Since I have never attended a game at BoA, there are no moving beer vendors in the upper deck during the 1st 3 quarters?

I wish they would. Whats the difference between walking down to the beer stand and buying vs. having a beer man bring it to you? One: you don't miss any plays. Two: No difference from liability standpoint, you are either buying it below or having a guy bring it to you. Just quit sales at the end of the 3rd like they do now. Giants stadium, they stop selling beer at the end of first half BTW. At least when I was there they did (06 playoffs)

Mini bottles fit easily in the seat cushions they hand out each year, and security never checks them.

So I've been told.

Isn't Jimmy Buffet a little large to fit into a mini bottle in your seat cushion?...

Archived