• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Cam just a bad read option QB?

Awesomeness!!

Against Dallas, a one legged RG3 ran the read option to perfection, and won the game, basically without a real passing threat. (He threw for 100 yards?) Everybody in college does it seemingly, and Ive never really seen it fail anywhere else like it did here. A part of me wants to believe Cam is just a pocket passer, that can run. He isnt run first (it pisses me off when people assume he is..ahem). If Tom Brady ran a 4.3 or whatever, I doubt he would be running the read option. This is why I wanted RR and Chud trashed, and why I think we should focus on Cam as a passer capable of running, and not vice versa.

No - it failed here because they tried to run it every other play, rendering it pedestrian. And even if Cam were to become a "pocket passer who can run", being a traditional passer and a guy who can execute an option play a couple times a game are not mutually exclusive.

RG3 could be running any type of offense, results would still be the same as they were with cam his rookie season. Once teams get a full year to study RG3 and his style etc, defenses will shut him down.

Im 100% convinced fans have no clue what they are talking about when they go to the "teams will have tape" theory. You could use the same logic in reverse. RG3 could get tape of a defense, and adjust just as easily.

Im 100% convinced fans have no clue what they are talking about when they go to the "teams will have tape" theory. You could use the same logic in reverse. RG3 could get tape of a defense, and adjust just as easily.

I believe you are the one who has no clue what they are talking about.

RGIII is "already" studying tape on the defenses that he was playing. The fact is that there was basically NO tape on RGIII or the style of offense that Shanahan created in Washington. Teams did not know what to expect or game plan for.

Now, teams will study the 2012 tape more and adjust.

Not saying that RGIII's success will be less next season because of it. But, your reverse logic comment was basically no logic at all.

I believe you are the one who has no clue what they are talking about.

RGIII is "already" studying tape on the defenses that he was playing. The fact is that there was basically NO tape on RGIII or the style of offense that Shanahan created in Washington. Teams did not know what to expect or game plan for.

Now, teams will study the 2012 tape more and adjust.

Not saying that RGIII's success will be less next season because of it. But, your reverse logic comment was basically no logic at all.

So why have Brady, Peyton etc gone on decade long runs, with the almighty tape in the hands of defenses?

Archived