• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowher looking to return to sidelines again

ElkinPanthersFan

I think Cower likes to fug with the Panthers. Seems like every time after we make a coaching decision he comes out with this "well I don't know maybe someday"

He has been gone since 2006. He might be great but then again how many guys who left coaching for years came back and did well again. I can think of Gibbs with the Redskins but he didn't do all that well. Dick Vermeil did well with St Louis, but it is pretty rare for guys to come back after extended absences so the number is pretty small

What is the argument against Cowher anyway outside of been away too long? The dude is a Hall of Fame coach and he's been in the booth analyzing. It's not like he went into a coma.

Hall of fame coach? Did I miss something?

Cowher's 55 now, so I'm sure senility has kicked in and he's forgotten how to coach. And I'm sure he hasn't been keeping up with the game either.

"Cowher, though, sees this as a "non-issue," citing that he's still on top of his game just by serving a CBS studio analyst.

"I did it for 27 years. You don't just forget things overnight," Cowher said. "One thing about this job is it's been really good, because it allows me to study the game and do features on the game. I want to know what I'm talking about, so I'm watching tape. It's not like I'm out of it. I know how the game is changing." http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/08/bill-cowher-interested-in-nfl-coaching-return/1819343/

Archived