• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't Cut DW!

Way Truth Life

Poster claimed Williams has outperformed Stewart every year.

I said false, and referenced post 2008 without looking it up bc that claim was such obvious BS.

So that is 2 for Stewart and 2 for Williams thanks to the information you provided post 2008

Moving the goal post I see. You said Stewart performed better most years since 2008. You didn't say post 2008, but either way, you're absolutely wrong.

You said that Steward had more TDs most years since 2008. In fact, Stewart has never had more TDs save 2010, when Deangelo had 1 (in 6 games) and Stewart had 2 (in 14 games).

Stewart has outperformed Williams exactly 1 season since he has been in the league, and that was the year that Williams only played 6 games. Even then, he barely was able to outperform him.

Not to bash on my team's players, but what exactly has Stewart done that makes so many people think he is the better of the two? He has had one good year and I don't think he has ever stayed healthy throughout a full season (even the year he had 1,100 yards I think he missed most if not all of the preseason).

If we traded someone I would trade Stewart because he has probably more value because of his age. RBs are a dime a dozen, we can get an even younger back up to Williams and groom him to take over whenever we part ways with Williams.

Point being, just because Stewart is younger doesn't mean he has to be the answer to who we turn the ball over to.

Moving the goal post I see. You said Stewart performed better most years since 2008. You didn't say post 2008, but either way, you're absolutely wrong.

You said that Steward had more TDs most years since 2008. In fact, Stewart has never had more TDs save 2010, when Deangelo had 1 (in 6 games) and Stewart had 2 (in 14 games).

Stewart has outperformed Williams exactly 1 season since he has been in the league, and that was the year that Williams only played 6 games. Even then, he barely was able to outperform him.

You are correct, I did say since 2008. However , post 2008 is what I meant to say in that post and was where I was arguing from. 2008 was when Williams peaked and was clearly the best RB. 5 years ago is also too long ago to be relevant when talking RBs.

Stewart had more TDs in 2009 in addition to 2010.

Also, lets not forget.....from 2009-2012. Stats for Williams and Stewart are nearly identical when looking at yards/TDs per touch. Difference? Stewart played a huge chunk HURT.....so a gimpy Stewart in that 4 yr window put up comparable numbers to a healthy Williams per touch (bc Williams went to IR when hurt unlike Stewart who plays through pain better than almost any RB).

Bottom line....

There is a reason why Rivera has essentially demoted Williams in 2011 (in snaps) and 2012 (officially)

There is a reason why every outsider who looks at our situation believes Williams likely played his last game here at NO (Everyone from the Observer, yahoo, ESPN)

I have been consistent in saying that DWill is the better player imo. And no, I'm not happy that he may be leaving. But Hurney already made the decision in who should stay and who should go when he signed Stew to the new contract. Here's why:

1) DWill has no guaranteed money left to be paid. We just have to eat his unallocated signing bonus money. Spread over 2 years, it gives us a net gain each year.

2) Stew was signed to a heavily backloaded contract in which he didn't get an oversized signing bonus up front, but instead got big guaranteed money further into his deal. He still has over $20 million in guaranteed money due him. Unless we can find a way to get out of that through legalese, or unless we can find someone to take his contract as it currently exists, we're stuck with him.

So get mad at Hurney if you need to be mad with someone. Don't blame Gettleman if he has to do what's right.

Bottom line....

There is a reason why Rivera has essentially demoted Williams in 2011 (in snaps) and 2012 (officially)

There is a reason why every outsider who looks at our situation believes Williams likely played his last game here at NO (Everyone from the Observer, yahoo, ESPN)

There's also a reason why our offense stalled when he did that and was good again when Stewart went on IR.

There's also a reason why our offense stalled when he did that and was good again when Stewart went on IR.

Pretty sure our offense didn't stall in 2011 when Williams took a back seat

This year? OL was just pathetic....and Chud called a poor offense early. Stewart didn't go to IR and Williams was a 3 yard rover rush RB without the worst D in league history factored in

Stewart was just Hurney stupidity, two #1s at the RB position in 3 years.

He severley over valued the RB position in the draft and later when their contracts came up, not to mention the Tolbert signing. Stewart, Tolbert and Williams are over payed.

Stewart was horrible this year at 3.6 YPC. Dwill at least performed well.

Hopefully Gettleman can get this roster and cap money under control in a year or two.

There's lots of Hurney ignorance that has to be dealt with on the Panther's roster.

It's gonna be ugly.

Archived