• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey fellas..It's gonna be ok

ncmonzta

We still have:

Cam Newton- franchise QB

Luke Kuechly- franchise MLB

CJ and Hardy

Thomas Davis

A running game that has a possibility of being used

edit: dont know how I forgot Smitty. Shame on me

Our main problem that kept us from a winning season is gone. I have a feeling that whoever the OC is will have success as long as they don't full Chud. I'd also bet Rivera will keep his job. Rivera's main problem was letting Chud run the read option too much. Those stalled drives from the read option kept us from winning most of those close games. Defense should be just as good if not better. Rivera is a leader of men and has the respect of this team. Oh yea and no more Hurney magic. So :)

Superbowl!!!!!

I agree completely. I think Chud leaving was a good move. We need an OC that will allow our RBs to get 25-30 carries a game. Cam is not quite ready to be the rushing and the passing attack of the team yet - being sarcastic here.

Hopefully the new OC will realize the value of an attacking running game, by RBs, not QBs.

I don't see why everyone's so sad the Chud left on his own when we all wanted him gone anyway.

it's because we don't know plan B, yet. we thought it might be norv, which was ok, but now that's pretty much gone. so now what?

rivera...a leader of men, sure. in over his head? absolutely. this is another case of it.

rivera sold his 3rd year on the need for continuity. is it going to be there? doesn't look like it. half his staff is gone, including the one running his offense.

When Ron was hired he said the offense would belong to the OC. He and McD has the defense looking good without who we thought we needed the most(Beason and Gamble). A simple offense is all we need. We kept it simple at the end of the season and won 5 of 6.

it's because we don't know plan B, yet. we thought it might be norv, which was ok, but now that's pretty much gone. so now what?

rivera...a leader of men, sure. in over his head? absolutely. this is another case of it.

rivera sold his 3rd year on the need for continuity. is it going to be there? doesn't look like it. half his staff is gone, including the one running his offense.

Defense is what wins championships. If we keep it simple and run the ball like a normal team, let Cam improvise when needed, feed Smitty and Olsen we should be good. Everyone that I saw let go was from the offensive side and those positions failed to show improvement.

as far as plan B goes...Gettlemagic? hopefully

I was neutral to Chud leaving, it doesn't bother me - just like it wouldn't have bothered me if he stayed. I sure as poo didn't want Norv hasn'thadagoodoffensesince1993 Turner to be the next OC.

I think Shula could be promoted without much drop off, and it might be an improvement. Otherwise any other OC that is versed in the Coryell offense would be fine with me. Get some up and comer positional coach, if you don't want Shula, who doesn't mind taking a potential one year flyer on the hopes of success and a long term position.

Archived