• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 million more people will be in Charlotte region by 2015

SCP

the charlotte metro is char, rock hill, concord, gastonia. off the top of my head i think its like right at 17 or 18 nationally.

nope, 33rd.

last I saw we were the 23rd largest media market in the US, it's kind of a good way to judge how big of a area we are.

the Triangle is a bigger population but it's spread out more and charlotte is more concentrated.

which source are you using? tv market they have been in the top 25 for years. population they are slowly creeping up.

Was speaking of the literal city of Charlotte.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte,_North_Carolina

But the Charlotte Metropolitan area has 1.7million or so and the "combined statistical area" has 2.4million people. This is a 16 county region - the one that SCP is referring too.

So they have to be reporting it wrong. Basically doubling the regional population in 2 years time? That's either wrong or some crazy poop.

Yeah, like I said earlier - they had to have misspoke. There's literally no way. The infrastructure would go into meltdown.

well it depends.the MSA is what the US uses overall for metro areas.

the 16 county thing is this ongoing coalition of counties that was started in the late 80's early 90's to regionalize the area to draw biz and money.

city limit pop Charlotte is bigger than Atlanta. but metro wise not the case.

im sorta a stat nerd when it comes to cities and population and trends and such.

Archived