• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman expected to release Gamble

Gabeking

Watch us bring in no one as decent as him. Norman and Cap'n might be the starters.

I hope not but, if we can jsut get some beasts at DT we have a above average line, and LBs...corners not so important but even still I can't imagine Captain being our #1 option.

Really? You've forgotten about 2011 when he was #1 in the league when QBs threw his way?

unfortunately those moments have been few and far between.

he's just not someone that can be relied upon, esp. for that cap hit.

moving on won't be that big of a deal.

i can't remember the last time i can consciously remember him being an integral part of the team.

he'll be missed, but not sorely.

pretty much how i'm looking at it.

and before that gets interpreted as gamble hate, i've got nothing against him. i think he's talented, but he's not really been an irreplaceable part of the defense. whether the defense was doing well or not, the defense never seemed to take that much of a step backward when he wasn't on the field.

i think the front seven and to an extent rivera's D allow us to do pretty well with less talent in the secondary. that's not to say we shouldn't address it in the offseason, but the front 7 will make it easier on whoever is in the secondary.

Archived