• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman expected to release Gamble

Gabeking

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/02/09/3844489/panthers-offseason-guide-gettleman.html#storylink=rss

League sources expect Gettleman’s first major move to be the release of veteran cornerback Chris Gamble, which would free up $7.9 million in cap space. After that the decisions get trickier, such as whether to keep both high-priced running backs or part ways with franchise rushing leader DeAngelo Williams?

Linebacker Jon Beason and offensive tackle Jordan Gross, two of the team’s captains, could be asked to restructure their contracts. And a number of other starters could be on their way out as cap victims.

This probably will make adding a new defensive back much higher of a priority this offseason.

Think I'ma be sick.

Guess it has to be done, though. Definitely one of my favorite players on the team and the league. Guess my Gamble jersey is worthless now.

I'll take that off your hands. :)

The only jersey I have is a D-Lo jersey. I could be out of luck soon too.

Although both would be remembered as Panthers after they retired, regardless of where they complete their careers. Their jerseys will become usable again after the players retire.

Chris Gamble was my first draft pick as a diehard Panthers fan. (Something just turned on inside me just prior to the start of our SB season making me a diehard)

Was always curious if it'd make me feel old when he retired (if he did so by natural means)

Archived