• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Percy Harvin

SteveSmithOwns

a second? hell no

Many of you seem to be balking at the idea of a second, but if you look at his all-purpose yards, you would realize that Harvin is a beast. If we can get him at the right price (and the right period), he could easily turn into an excellent value with realistic, day-one game-changing impact.

Many of you seem to be balking at the idea of a second, but if you look at his all-purpose yards, you would realize that Harvin is a beast. If we can get him at the right price (and the right period), he could easily turn into an excellent value with realistic, day-one game-changing impact.

look at what randy moss got traded for in his prime.

no way we give up a second, and no way they expect to land a second for him.

Trading Gamble for Harvin might seem like a good idea but I don't know if it's possible. From my understanding, trades aren't allowed until the new season is open. We would need to be under the cap by that point which means Gamble would likely be gone. The only way we could deal him is if we were to somehow get under the cap without cutting him.

As far as draft picks, we cannot and will not offer a 2nd because we already gave up our 3rd to move up for Frank Alexander. I could see us potentially offering a 4th round pick but I think another team would outbid us. Brandon Marshall went for two 3rd round picks and I expect Harvin to go for about the same.

Maybe we could offer a 4th this year and a 3rd next? I know it seems steep but, in my opinion, a guy like Harvin is worth every penny. Especially considering our offense and his potential with Cam. Harvin is playmaker and that is exactly what this team needs.

He's only a slot WR?

The slot WR is becoming a very valuable position in the league. And he is pretty damn good at it. He is also a great return man. His all-purpose yards are impressive. I understand the concern about his migraines but a guy like him is well worth.

He is the definition of a playmaker.

And just because he is unhappy in Minnesota doesn't mean he's a diva or a locker room problem. Have you never had a job where you weren't happy with your employer? As far as I've read, he doesn't have issues with other players in the locker room. It's the management that he is upset with.

players like Harvin, who have been in the lg for 4 seasons or so and never played a complete season because of various injuries, these are players that shouldnt be valued too high

15 games in 2009, 14 in 2010, 16 in 2011, and 9 in 2012.

He was hurt last year which was really the only significant time that he has missed. Now I get why people are balking on a second round pick (which I may disagree with, maybe), but to think that he "shouldn't be valued too high" is a bit shortsighted. Like I mentioned earlier, his all-purpose yards make him one of the most productive players in the league. Even though he got hurt, he was still number 31 in all-purpose yards in the NFL last year. He was 8 in 2011. Now, I am too lazy to look at all the stats from every perspective, but suffice it to say that Harvin is a highly productive player any way you slice it. Check this piece out. My main issue with him is not his injury risk, but his attitude (which like his perceived risk of injury can be handled contractually, and realistically by Rivera).

Harvin has the threat level of a Darren Sproles.

15 games in 2009, 14 in 2010, 16 in 2011, and 9 in 2012.

He was hurt last year which was really the only significant time that he has missed. Now I get why people are balking on a second round pick (which I may disagree with, maybe), but to think that he "shouldn't be valued too high" is a bit shortsighted. Like I mentioned earlier, his all-purpose yards make him one of the most productive players in the league. Even though he got hurt, he was still number 31 in all-purpose yards in the NFL last year. He was 8 in 2011. Now, I am too lazy to look at all the stats from every perspective, but suffice it to say that Harvin is a highly productive player any way you slice it. Check this piece out. My main issue with him is not his injury risk, but his attitude (which like his perceived risk of injury can be handled contractually, and realistically by Rivera).

Harvin has the threat level of a Darren Sproles.

You're right, I made a bad assumption he missed more games than he actually did. I remember the weird migraine fiasco a couple years

Or you could end up spending most of what few draft picks we have left for a player that dominates for 9 games, misses the rest for migraines/injuries/behavior and ends up walking when our cap strapped front office can't justify using what little space we have left to resign him.

You're right, I made a bad assumption he missed more games than he actually did. I remember the weird migraine fiasco a couple years

I assumed the same thing until my brother-in-law told me otherwise this past season (then, Harvin ironically did get hurt), so you aren't alone. Harvin is still a risk, but if I could snag him relatively cheaply, that would be a risk I'd be willing to take.

Archived