• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My new toy.... :)

Hotsauce

as I said, I wasn't asking to be a dick nor do I give a poo about the political side of guns. My need or desire to have a gun ended when it became so much of a pain in the ass to get a hunting permit and licenses etc.

so for that gun, do you need a permit for it or anything like that? Asking cuz I don't know and I'm curious.

No, you do not have to have a permit for guns. I literally walked in the door, filled out a 1 page application, 2 minute phone call to FBI, paid then I was on my way....under 15 minutes.

Not to be political either, but it was wayyyyyy to easy for me to buy this gun.

Here is how I think they need to regulate guns:

I think that they shouldn't make guns illegal, they should just make it hard to get them. I.e. you must take a course and have a permit to be able to buy any gun, along with on the spot background checks. You should have to have a permit which you would need to renew every 5 years if you want to be a gun owner. If your gun permit expires, you must surrender your guns or sell them within 60 days or face fines/seizure/jail.

As a gun owner, I would have no problem paying $50 every 5 years to own a gun in order to promote public safety.

Also, I have a Concealed weapons permit. When I went through the application process in SC I had to:

take a 8 hour gun safety course, $75

goto a shooting range with the instructor and hit a certain % on a target,

background check,

Goto the police station and get finger prints, $25

Pay $50 to the state for an application fee.

When I moved to GA, the concealed weapons application process went like this:

Goto courthouse, pay $30 application

Goto police station and get finger printed, $50

....and that's it! No safety course or target practice....it was really too easy for me to get it.

wow...much easier than here...especially for concealed weapons. I think I can go to the store and buy a rifle...but there's alot of paperwork and background stuff you need to do in these parts to get a concealed weapon. Then, unless you are military or police, you also need to get a conveyance permit and you typically are only allowed to carry it from home to range and back. I think that's how it works.

problem with the federal registration is that it just makes it harder and more expensive for the average joe to have a firearm, it will never make it harder for criminals to get them...just my opinion.

anyway...enjoy...have fun and be safe with that thing

Well, look at all the smirking over the word toy.

Guess what, cars, trucks, motorcylcles, etc have all been referred to as toys, like you didn't already know that. "Boys and their toys", you guys should get your head out of the Vanity Fair magazines and get out more.

That Gun is not designed to kill people. Most rifles are not designed to kill people. That's like saying a steak knife is designed to kill people.

are you fuging retarded? A gun not designed to kill. Hmmmm I guess it's just meant to use for making paintings out of blood. This has to be the absolute dumbest thing I have ever read in my life. Congrats on that accomplishment.

I swear to God I hate human beings. There is one purpose for guns, KILLING. PERIOD. That is it. They serve no other purpose. Idiots

Killing, sure. But not always humans. Animals come to mind for instance.

My dad collects them (his hobby) and shoots them to relieve stress/target practice because he enjoys it. But if you want to think they have only one purpose, go right ahead. I doubt logic will change your mind anyway.

Archived