• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Must read Shariff Floyd article

Bwood

I don't think this is the guy for us. After watching tape on him, Floyd just doesn't make enough plays for him to be worthy of our #1 pick. Yes, he will make a great play every now and then but the consistency just isnt there compared to other comparable dt's in this years draft. I would rather have Jonathon Hankins or Sylvester Williams if we did draft a dt in the 1st, hopefully we don't. This team has so much more needs. We don't have the luxury of waiting on a dt to develop, or if he does at all when we have other needs at OL WR and DB. Just from past drafts, DT has a high bust rate and i think Floyd could be that

I don't think this is the guy for us. After watching tape on him, Floyd just doesn't make enough plays for him to be worthy of our #1 pick. Yes, he will make a great play every now and then but the consistency just isnt there compared to other comparable dt's in this years draft. I would rather have Jonathon Hankins or Sylvester Williams if we did draft a dt in the 1st, hopefully we don't. This team has so much more needs. We don't have the luxury of waiting on a dt to develop, or if he does at all when we have other needs at OL WR and DB. Just from past drafts, DT has a high bust rate and i think Floyd could be that

actually out of all the DT's i would trust Floyd to not be the bust out of all of them. Hankins is inconsistant as poo and is apparently not a 3 down player. Floyd busts his ass on every play and is hungry. I would take that every Sunday. I think Star and Jesse will be good though. Not sure about Sylvester Williams I'll have to look him up.

Can someone explain what exactly about this article is a must read? He's a football player who came from a rough background, and his coaches and family think he's talented. It's not a bad article, but its pretty generic, to be honest. You can find similar profiles on numerous players in the draft.

Has everyone here forgotten about Sheldon Richardson? I think RIchardson is the second best DT in the draft, with Floyd right there with him.

I think character is very important. You cannot count on players with character concerns. This guy is tremendous in that department. He is intelligent, humble, and he works hard. I am a fan.

Has everyone here forgotten about Sheldon Richardson? I think RIchardson is the second best DT in the draft, with Floyd right there with him.

Richardson could be a good pickup as well. But, there's a couple of reasons I'd much prefer Floyd.

1) Richardson is kind of small. He could measure in at 290 at the Combine. That's not very big at all, especially not for a DT. Where as Floyd is probably going to weigh in somewhere around 310.

2) Floyd has played against SEC talent (including Chance Warmack and Barrett Jones) each of his three years at Florida. Richardson only played against SEC competition once in his career. Am I saying that playing SEC determines what kind of player you are? No, I'm not. But, Floyd has posted great numbers while playing against that insane level of competition.

In my mind, the DTs go like this:

1) Floyd

2) Richardson

3) Star

4) J. Williams

5) Jenkins

Archived