• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Bungie game: Destiny

Doc Holiday

So, I've seen tons of people complaining about Destiny's story... Think about this and see if it changes things for you:

1. It's a "10 year" game, so maybe this is just Chapter 1. The Intro.

2. What if it turns out... POSSIBLE SPOILER!?!?

The Traveler & The Ghosts are the bad guys and you are just a foot soldier for them?

Think about it. How many times does this game tell you to "Kill them all!" or "Slaughter the Fallen"? And why is it the "enemy" has names like Knights, Wizards, and Acolytes while we are Titans, Hunters, and Warlocks? The names of our class choices are some what sinister compared to the "bad guy"s.

Extra Thought. What if WE are The Darkness. Guardians are the ones who spread through the galaxy and destroyed everything. It's kind of funny how once the Guardians are BROUGHT BACK FROM THE DEAD, the Darkness returns? Maybe, just maybe the Fallen, The Hive, and The Vex are fighting us because WE are the evil forces.

And just another thought... Correct me if I'm wrong but the Traveler came from Mars or Venus and the settled into Earth when the darkness started to close in. WHAT IF, the traveler is actually a Star-Eating entity that destroys entire solar systems and was making its way to our sun when it got stopped on earth by the Darkness. Then went into a hybernation of sorts and sent out the Ghosts to recruit the Guardians (Who actually were dead people brought to life as a Zombie work force... Kind of) to protect the Traveler until he could build up enough strength to destroy our sun. That could explain why the Fallen, Vex, and Hive are chasing it down but still fight one another. The Traveler did the same in each of their solar systems. That explains why the "Darkness" follows the Travel. The darkness is actually the aftermath of it's previous destruction catching up to it in the form of pissed off species.

The amazing part would be if down the line... Bungie lets this story unfold and you then choose which side you want to be on (Destiny 2). You can either stay with the guardians and fight the "good" fight, or join a rouge faction and play as rebels. That would also be a way to bring a little PvP into the PvE gameplay. Say you are on patrol and you spot a "rebel fireteam" doing their own mission. Then your mission pops up to stop them at all cost. BOOM! Would make an already great game 100x better.

So that's my crazy conspiracy theory that a lot of other people on reddit have ran with and found all kinds of other things to back this up. Your thoughts?

BOOM! Huddle iPhone app.

I've had this same thought.

The "other guys" are always the bad guys.

Perhaps the folks on earth were running from the traveler, not the darkness.

Or course the Fallen are "Vandals and Dregs".

Anyone else notice "War Mind Rasputin" has it's fingers across 4 planets? I think he is the Vex.

You fugs just blew my fugging mind... I hate you. I hate this game.. Well.. Truthfully I fuggin loves this pooh ... The old lady doesn't care for it too much though....

ALL I NEED IS ONE FRIGGING ABS*howeverthefugyouspellit* Shard to upgrade my legendary helm and be LVL 25 and I cant get that pooh!.. DAMN YOU .. DAMN YOU ALL.

Kurb I are at work right now but add me I think its something stupid like WristySpark28

Xbone gave me the name and I'm way too unimaginative to care. Otherwise its just Chris.

This is an MMO, in all reality. It has it's FPS aspects thrown in, but they don't overpower the game.

After having a few Strike missions with 2 of my buddies, I'm starting to see what this game truly is (at level 17). It's all about how you build your character and how you work with your fireteam. The story is just a backdrop to the fun of the game. Casual gamers will most likely not like this game. If you're the type to invest a few hours, at least, at a time to a game in one sitting, then you may well enjoy it.

A lot of the pissy reviews are coming from people who want instant satisfaction when MMOs are not built that way. I hated DC Universe Online until I hit the cap and realized that the story is just to get you to the truly fun part of the game. Right now, the game is actually pretty empty. Or maybe they just dedicate your field of play to the mission you're in (I haven't done any patrols yet). I imagine that once everybody has had a chance to play through the story missions, you'll see people all over the game's universe doing all manner of things. THAT'S the cool part about it. The optional events that launch randomly in each planet are pretty cool too.

The game is engaging if you are into this type of game. If you want a snappy FPS, this is not the game for you. If you want something to sink your teeth into, this is the game for you. It's really that simple. I won't be buying any FPS for a good long while (traded in BF4 towards my Destiny pre-order) simply because this game satisfies my FPS thirst and gives me SO much more than any FPS game can. Hell, this may well be the only game I play for months. I seriously enjoy it that much.

wat

there seems to be zero strategy at all other than rotating aggro during bosses

So... You're in the tutorial stage... Hate to say it but... You'll prbably never make it to the actual game... They just released the first raid a day or so ago.. You have to realize this game is not your typical FPS. It's more like a FPSMMO/Diablo3 type deal. They were laying the foundation of what the story could be but that will keep being revealed over time as they release content.

In order to even attempt a raid.. You'll need to be lvl 26 which after you make it to 20.. It'll be based upon your gear. On top of that you'll need to get a group of 6 guys that you'll want to play with frequently so that you can work together as a team better because you WILL need it.

Also on Normal difficulty the first time you make it through the raid will take around 11 hours or so.. Depending on the skill level of your group. I'll post a link of a review that pretty much nailed it on the head but basically in a nut shell.. Destiny is never ending... It's more along the lines of

Halo/WoW/Diablo3 all meshed into one.

11 hours? this isn't WoW. i may be mistaken, but my 12 year old brother is lvl 26 and just did the new raid that was released and he said it didn't take anywhere near 11 hours.

also, 11 hours of this game would be brutal. i imagine i would go insane hearing "PEW PEW PEW PEW" billions of times.

wat

there seems to be zero strategy at all other than rotating aggro during bosses

The subclasses for each class offer a different approach (generally, the default being the offensively based subclass, while the one attained after level 15 is more defensive/buff specific.

Which grenades you use, how you use them, how you let your attributes stack to loop your abilities, reviving each other when downed, etc. can change the entire course of a strike or raid. Try jumping into a strike with no friends and let matchmaking set you up. You'll fail at least once, if not more, because you don't know what to expect from each other nor are you set up to take into account what they do well/don't do well (unless you are massively over-leveled and don't use the difficulty modifier). 

11 hours? this isn't WoW. i may be mistaken, but my 12 year old brother is lvl 26 and just did the new raid that was released and he said it didn't take anywhere near 11 hours.

also, 11 hours of this game would be brutal. i imagine i would go insane hearing "PEW PEW PEW PEW" billions of times.

you tube destiny Vault of Glass

I finally got the game. Now I'm wondering whether I should go with the Titan or Warlock character class. It's a tough choice because I like the idea of being a walking tank with Master Chief/Hulk capabilities but I also like the idea of being a Jedi Knight with potential energy/matter manipulation at your disposal.

Decision, decisions, decisions...

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Just know that until around level 13 or so, once you get some of the buffs, Warlocks are pretty squishy. Have to learn how to be shifty and patient. Whereas in Titan, you can just roll into a crowd and go crazy.

I'm a Warlock and love it. My next character is probably gonna be a Titan, though. Just to give me the best of both worlds (plus, the Supercharge ability for Titan is awesome)

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm leaning towards Titan but it's a tough choice. How's the weaponry for Warlock?

Eh, all classes have pretty comparable weapons. The real difference is in the grenades and their effects when coupled with certain aspects of your progression tree (which is different for each class). I think each class has a weapon type they're more predisposed to getting in drops, though. Not entirely sure. The big difference is just in how you want to play and what Supercharge ability tickles your fancy most. I like having a huge AoE attack that I can launch in loops ever few minutes that guarantees a massive hit if I am smart with my timing. Hunters have their three-shot Golden Gun, which is good for PvP, but not as effective (IMO) for PvE. And Titan, as I said, is just badass to look at and deals a good bit of damage (also great for taking care of the trash that comes with boss fights).

Right now, my Warlock is level 18. I have pretty much kept with an auto-rifle as my primary the entire game (mine right now does something like 180 damage). That's pretty much what you get from all classes, though. My buddy is a Titan, and I swear he has been rolling nothing but fusion rifles and pulse rifles as his primary the entire game.

Also, weapon use is different depending on what you're doing. In PvP (unless I'm just doing it wrong), you need to have a good auto-rifle to compete. The charge time for fusion rifles just never works out in my favor, and pulse rifles don't do enough quick damage with the pacing that the Crucible forces you into.

I think Warlocks DEFINITELY have the best grenades, though. You can literally block off an entire doorway or side of a room if you're smart with them (and in later missions, they're great for throwing into the ridiculous swarms of trash you get thrown at you).

Archived