• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Bungie game: Destiny

Doc Holiday

Eh, all classes have pretty comparable weapons. The real difference is in the grenades and their effects when coupled with certain aspects of your progression tree (which is different for each class). I think each class has a weapon type they're more predisposed to getting in drops, though. Not entirely sure. The big difference is just in how you want to play and what Supercharge ability tickles your fancy most. I like having a huge AoE attack that I can launch in loops ever few minutes that guarantees a massive hit if I am smart with my timing. Hunters have their three-shot Golden Gun, which is good for PvP, but not as effective (IMO) for PvE. And Titan, as I said, is just badass to look at and deals a good bit of damage (also great for taking care of the trash that comes with boss fights).

Right now, my Warlock is level 18. I have pretty much kept with an auto-rifle as my primary the entire game (mine right now does something like 180 damage). That's pretty much what you get from all classes, though. My buddy is a Titan, and I swear he has been rolling nothing but fusion rifles and pulse rifles as his primary the entire game.

Also, weapon use is different depending on what you're doing. In PvP (unless I'm just doing it wrong), you need to have a good auto-rifle to compete. The charge time for fusion rifles just never works out in my favor, and pulse rifles don't do enough quick damage with the pacing that the Crucible forces you into.

I think Warlocks DEFINITELY have the best grenades, though. You can literally block off an entire doorway or side of a room if you're smart with them (and in later missions, they're great for throwing into the ridiculous swarms of trash you get thrown at you).

I disagree on the auto rifle for PvP. I got tore up by shotguns the first few matches I played,so I switched and now that's all I use. I'm a titan though so I can soak some damage up as I close the range gap.

Has anyone been searching for secret areas in the game?

While I haven't had the time, I found some videos on youtube of the areas that are fairly complete, even with enemies!  But they are blocked off.

I super interested to see what the expansions have to offer with this stuff.  I am actually really excited about those because I want to see more of the game.  I'm not bored (only level 15), but I have an explorers heart, and I want/need to see every nook and cranny they created.

From what I've seen of King's Landing (not the name, but what I'm thinking of), the Jovian Complex, and the Seraphim Vault...Oh baby!

WTF

Is anybody else having server issues? I can't seem to get past the orbit screen. Yeah, it's 1:55am but I haven't played in like 10 hours.

They're slowly getting better (for me anyway). I still have occasions where I can't get anything started because I'm being booted, but they're rare. Now I get booted once or twice, then it runs fine.

First, check  your NAT type. You want Type 1 or Type 2 (most are by default, so this should be good). Then, you have to adjust your firewall. This is actually pretty quick and easy to do. The link below provides the links I used to figure it out. Once you adjust the ports, you should immediately see a difference in load speeds and a drop in frequency of being booted (bet money you're getting one random code, followed by the "centipede" error. That's the common one right now).

It all boils down to them not having their servers prepared in time for everything and electing to put out content before ironing out the server issue. Like I said, they have fixed it a good deal. It's MUCH better now than it was just a week ago.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11931

http://www.bungie.net/7_102-Patch-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12202

And Bungie is also going to whip the cryptarch into shape as well as add more high end engrams to the strike missions.  So while there won't be easy loot caving, the rewards are to more certain.  Purple Engrams and Legendary Engrams are going to be giving exotic and legendary loot, no more blues!  Though I'm just getting started with my blue gear (level 15...).

I for one and glad for the changes.  I've also noticed the past few missions I've done, I've had a veritable landslide of items, including my first two blues.  I go and buy a sweet Shengin uncommon rifle, and then I get two more uncommon rifles just doing the Gate Lord quest!  Plus some sweet arms!

And he's my n00b guardian with my terrible stats!

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018429685651/2305843009216030947#gear

http://www.bungie.net/7_102-Patch-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12202

And Bungie is also going to whip the cryptarch into shape as well as add more high end engrams to the strike missions.  So while there won't be easy loot caving, the rewards are to more certain.  Purple Engrams and Legendary Engrams are going to be giving exotic and legendary loot, no more blues!  Though I'm just getting started with my blue gear (level 15...).

I for one and glad for the changes.  I've also noticed the past few missions I've done, I've had a veritable landslide of items, including my first two blues.  I go and buy a sweet Shengin uncommon rifle, and then I get two more uncommon rifles just doing the Gate Lord quest!  Plus some sweet arms!

And he's my n00b guardian with my terrible stats!

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018429685651/2305843009216030947#gear

Agreed. I've been saving engrams just for the update when it hits. Getting real tired of getting blue drops that turn into green items.

In positive news, after a couple of days of failing to find a better light armor helmet, I finally got one. Yay for being level 22 finally.

Here's mine.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018429072979/2305843009217885533#gear

Agreed. I've been saving engrams just for the update when it hits. Getting real tired of getting blue drops that turn into green items.

In positive news, after a couple of days of failing to find a better light armor helmet, I finally got one. Yay for being level 22 finally.

Here's mine.

Bro if you have legendary engrams saved in the vault waiting for the patch dont do it! They said the legendary engrams saved will automatically change to blue because and I quote "lets be honest they were already blue's to begin with". So go ahead and roll the dice now while you still have a chance. All legendary engrams afterwards will be decrypted as they should be.

Here's mine.

Yeah the update won't change the engrams you already have. Just I.D them now

So this popped up on the bungie forums yesterday:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/70895980/0/0

Depending on how true this is, it kind of makes me sick.  I really love the controls, the art, and the possibilities of the shared world idea.  If there was a MUCH BETTER STORY lined up, and it got gutted in the process...I just hate it. 

Now with all anonymous AMAs, there's a certain grain of salt that one has to accept.  But it reads really true.  Personally, I'm now really on the fence if I want to buy the expansions.  On one hand, there is still the potential the clean up the narrative, and I do enjoy punching aliens in the face repeatedly.  I'd love to see Bungie and Destiny have their 10 year run.  On the flip side, buying the expansions sends money to Activision and tells them that it's OK to ship this broken of a story with this many issues (Loot, PVP, repetition, etc..).

It kind of pulled the bandage of my silly enjoyment off to remind me of the very real faults of the game.  What about y'all?

I just finished the Vault of Glass for the first time last night and I literally shrieked in excitement as I was seeing the boss die.. Of course I then threw up my Disco Bubble (Im a titant) and we all danced where the boss died and drank merily. Not only was that one of the most frustrating things I've done in a video game but also one of the most fulfilling things... ESPECIALLY in a first person shooter.. It was crazy. aaannd. I want to do it again.

With saying that.. I read that redit post and it definitely pissed me the hell off for what some idiots at activision did however.. I will still support BUNGIE and buy the expansions so that they may complete their vision as much as they are able not only because I love Bungie and believe in them but also because.. Honestly.. This game has taken over my free time and I freaking love it. Ridiculously love it. Love the PvP love the PvE.. Its fun as hell playing with a group of friends and after countless hours spent playing it.. It's definitely earned my measly 60 bucks plus the 30 for the season pass.

FUG ACTIVISION though.

The game is really fun but you quickly find yourself with nothing to really do besides grind.

Which isn't bad if you're playing with friends. The grinding just wears on you when you're playing alone. I get a couple hours and have to pop in Madden. When I'm with friends, I've played 6 hours straight, just doing the Strike Playlist.

So I've been thinking about the story, the general fun of actually playing the game, and the social aspect as I've weighed my DLC/Expansion purchase...

While the story is a complete mess in about every possible way, it is possible to fix it.  A few cut scenes and dialogue changes should be enough to do that.  As players we need something more than "I don't have time to tell you I don't have time..."  I think just a little something that tells us why we're going to the other places.  I mean, the objectives aren't terrible, you just have to give a better carrot than "OH, this is new on the director!"

I still haven't played with friends yet (because I have so few xbl friends, and I'm never on when they are anymore), I can totally see how much fun this game is with other people.  Soon, I hope to run some strikes and stuff with at least some randos to get a feel for them.  This is the meat that Bungie needs to build the game from.  That includes the strike and crucible chat systems, and I heard that there might be cross tower chat!  We need more avenues to get to know people.

While we do need to show Bungie and Activision our dissatisfaction with the story and repetitive game play with our wallets, I think I'm going to give them a chance to see what they do having learned from and listened to the large amount of feedback and data they collect.  

I hope they can fix some of the bigger issues!  I really love punching aliens in the face!

Archived