• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about cutting Beason instead of Willliams.

panther4life

it's difficult to take a cap hit in 2013 and 2014 just to say you got a little relief. You keep a usable player until he's cuttable. That's next year for both DW and Beason, but hopefully Beason is able to make it happen to stay long term.

Tough to keep paying guys so much for so little....when big picture your team as a whole gets handicapped bc of it.

Teams eat money all the time. Worth it often....big picture.

Williams' deal as of now is on pace to be probably the 2nd worst in Panther history

He's done a great job so far... Honestly didn't expect this since he was supposedly not a cap guy but what he says makes sense talking about not only thinking about this season but further cap situations as well

he hasn't got to the meat and potatoes yet, just small stuff. I think we'll be good though, love his attitude about the future.

Tough to keep paying guys so much for so little....when big picture your team as a whole gets handicapped bc of it.

Teams eat money all the time. Worth it often....big picture.

Williams' deal as of now is on pace to be probably the 2nd worst in Panther history

Behind Delhomme's? I would argue Beason, at least dlo has seen the field.

Technically he did something.....he hasn't touched any of the problems yet. Nothing done to suggest he is good or bad.

Fair enough

he hasn't got to the meat and potatoes yet, just small stuff. I think we'll be good though, love his attitude about the future.

Agreed about his attitude towards the future

They aren't cutting Beason or Dwill. They will probably restructure both. Beason will move outside, stew and Dwill will continue to split carries. Such is life as a panthers fan.

You realize splitting carries now vs 2008 is totally different....for those 2. Tolbert and Cam will get there reps as they are better than Double Trouble in many key spots.

They are both paid to account for close to 70% of a teams rushing yardage...

I think the new GM will bring the NYG mindset here....and that isn't keep on keepin on

You realize splitting carries now vs 2008 is totally different....for those 2. Tolbert and Cam will get there reps as they are better than Double Trouble in many key spots.

I think the new GM will bring the NYG mindset here....and that isn't keep on keepin on

May be he brings the NYG mindset down the road but right now he understands what you obviously don't. Cutting Wiliams or Beason given their current contracts borders on lunacy. It won't happen and saying it over and over won't make it true. The only way it does happen is if we can't agree on the restructures and in that case it will be the players fault as well.

You are the one living in the past. Gettleman 2 days ago said that Newton will be staying in the pocket (that means he won't be running much at all except on broken plays) and Tolbert was used primarily in the red zone. We are going to a more power running game circa 2008. We surely may throw more but this offense is going to look a whole lot like 2008 with a better passing game. Cam and Tolbert together won't account for 40% of the rushing this year. Wait and see........................

May be he brings the NYG mindset down the road but right now he understands what you obviously don't. Cutting Wiliams or Beason given their current contracts borders on lunacy. It won't happen and saying it over and over won't make it true. The only way it does happen is if we can't agree on the restructures and in that case it will be the players fault as well.

Again, when the new GM makes his moves and we start the 2013 season you can then state he believes X and Y.....

You don't know what the heck he is going to do to this current roster.....prior to the 2013 season. You keep stating his beliefs are yours heading into this upcoming year....which is an impossible statement to make. Maybe in the next 3 weeks

we will learn his approach to all this

Cutting Williams certainly is realistic....which is why so many who aren't Panther fans and report on the NFL keep talking about it....

Beason is a different ball of wax....

You are the one living in the past. Gettleman 2 days ago said that Newton will be staying in the pocket (that means he won't be running much at all except on broken plays) and Tolbert was used primarily in the red zone. We are going to a more power running game circa 2008. We surely may throw more but this offense is going to look a whole lot like 2008 with a better passing game. Cam and Tolbert together won't account for 40% of the rushing this year. Wait and see........................

While i agree with you it is ultimately Rivera and Shula's call, not Gettleman. Gettleman puts the players on the field, the coaches run the players. Although, CRA will be eating crow about one of double trouble. I don't want us to keep both backs, but i know the reality of the situation.

Archived