• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bought a new car today

toldozer

They can show you $4k for your car because they are just moving a little from column a over to column b.

Exactly.

Never answer their question about what payment you want.

The only things that matter is price for the car...price for trade-in....and the rate they give you.

Look at each individually up front. They like to play shell games the minutes monthly payment is the goal.

Often you get too caught up with payment and end up with a 6-7 year financing instead if 5....common way they get your payment down.

You are both correct in what you are saying but ignorance is bliss. Let him be happy.

We've bought two New cars recently, (long story) but I never ever talk payments... That's the first thing sales guys will ask you. Both times I told the guy that if he mentioned payments again that I would walk out. He did, and he had to chase me out and apologize.

I yell them to bring me the cost of the new car, my trade value and all taxes, tags and fees... I can figure payments out.

You are both correct in what you are saying but ignorance is bliss. Let him be happy.

I understand how it works, just telling in terms they were trying to speak. I got a very good deal on the actual cost of the car before factoring trade and the amount i wanted to put down. It just took HOURS of bs

I understand how it works, just telling in terms they were trying to speak. I got a very good deal on the actual cost of the car before factoring trade and the amount i wanted to put down. It just took HOURS of bs

their comments and my followup was directed toward Arsen, which he is happy too.

Archived