• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

carolina can't afford...munnerlyn?

who do we get to replace him? honey badger?

That's what I've been hoping for actually.

If he's there in the 4th? Sure. I doubt he will be though.

Yeah, I've wondered if he would be there too. I've said before that we may have to make a move to trade back up into the third to either get Bacarri Rambo or Matthieu. I would like to get both. I am hoping that we can get one or the other in the 4th, or if we're lucky get 'em both if we do trade up. Probably wishful thinking. If we do let Cap walk, I would think that Matthieu would become a legitimate target,

Agreed. Munnerlyn isn't bad, but do we want to commit 3-5 million a year to him? Honey Badger can probably be had for a 5-6th round pick, and I think he would be an upgrade if he can put some strength on.

$3-5M for Cap? HELL NO.

Mathieu being available in the 5th or 6th is a pipe dream unless he's just tanking the absolute hell out of interviews.

This is the opposite of what I've been reading over the last few weeks.

Panthers want him, he wants to remain a Panther.

Awaiting March 12th to see what happens.

If Tampa wants to pay him more than he is worth, then more power to them.

I would miss the Captain, but I'm sure we could move on easier than the first few posters think.

This is the opposite of what I've been reading over the last few weeks.

Panthers want him, he wants to remain a Panther.

Awaiting March 12th to see what happens.

If Tampa wants to pay him more than he is worth, then more power to them.

I would miss the Captain, but I'm sure we could move on easier than the first few posters think.

This. For the right price, I'd love to have him back. He's a good nickelback. But, that's what he is. If others are willing to offer him starting money, let them do it and let him take it. Wish him the best and move on. We have to quit overpaying our guys for fear of losing them. You've gotta pick and choose who you keep. If you try to keep everyone worth a damn you end up in our current cap hell. We've paid too many average players like good players and too many good players like great players. It has to stop. Figure out how much a guy is worth to you, make the offer, and if someone else blows it out of the water, wish the guy best of luck with his new team. If he brings back an offer from elsewhere marginally better, then go back and try to negotiate something, but to hell with this poo of just handing out baller contract after baller contract to everyone.

I think he means Rivera should back his bags bc he would be given poo to work with. If we can't afford the Captain's of the NFL we are in trouble

Ah. Well, Captain is the least of our problems. That front line is more important. I rather have Josh and Josh at CB than Kearse and Fua in the front.

Archived