• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles releasing Asomugha today.

Pantherman

In all fairness to Aso, he wasn't played to his strengths in Philly. He is not a zone DB. He likes to play man coverage. I highly doubt he will go for vet minium but what do I know. I rather have young dbs that can grow with this team. We have some potential in who have have here.

I remember watching him in his prime go up against #89 and Namdi gave him a very hard time which there are only a few that can do that. It would be nice to get him but I doubt he would sign for the vet minimum as CBs with his skill are on the market only so often.

Im still pissed at Jake for that game. This was when his wheels were starting to fall off and Smith wasn't really given a chance to make plays on that guy. He had him beat a couple times that game if I remember.

Im still pissed at Jake for that game. This was when his wheels were starting to fall off and Smith wasn't really given a chance to make plays on that guy. He had him beat a couple times that game if I remember.

I could be wrong but if im not mistaken. Jake threw like 3 or 4 picks that game. Thank goodness for the run game that day

Someone will overpay for him based on what he did years ago. Smart GMs will look at how he did in the last 2 years both in man and zone looks and pass. He is not worth that much right now and he is being released because he thinks he is still an elite player. He wouldn't work for vet minimum this year unless he had no takers and this were September.

He is also not a good locker room presence from what I have read.

Which will be great for us because we all saw how Asomugha and Samuels played together

Is nice to think about in theory, but IIRC, the issue there was that Philly tried to move Asante to the nickel full-time and he wasn't having it, nor was it where he excelled.

Archived