• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwan Edwards may not be coming back.

ncguy2184

It had a lot to do with QBs stepping right into him while trying to get away from CJ and Hardy.

Same could be said for some of the sacks that CJ and Hardy got was due to Dwan's push up the middle.

It's a fools game to evaluate a defensive line on one or two players. You have to look at the whole line as a unit (think back to how mediocre Peppers looked late in his career here due to not having any help on the inside or other side).

Dwan gave us a piece up the middle that allowed Hardy and Johnson to get off the edge better, and vice versa, Hardy and Johnson's speed and power off the edge allowed Dwan to collect some sacks up the middle.

I'm in the camp that if Dwan is resigned, I think we are good on the line and drafting a DT should not be a huge need in this draft. A starting front four of CJ, Dwan (rotational tackle), and Hardy is plenty good enough to be one of the better lines in the league.

Given the year he had I'd be shocked if he doesn't get more than $1.5 million offered to him. He was one of the top DTs in the league for sacks. I can see a team giving him 4-5 million easy.

not in this market.

teams just aren't paying much for any position with the exception of maybe WR and TE. the market is flooded with very little seperation in levels of talent and teams have very little to pay.

other years he might have gotten that, but not this year. it's just not going to happen.

the deal he's getting offered here is about as good as it's going to get from any team.

Same could be said for some of the sacks that CJ and Hardy got was due to Dwan's push up the middle.

It's a fools game to evaluate a defensive line on one or two players. You have to look at the whole line as a unit (think back to how mediocre Peppers looked late in his career here due to not having any help on the inside or other side).

Dwan gave us a piece up the middle that allowed Hardy and Johnson to get off the edge better, and vice versa, Hardy and Johnson's speed and power off the edge allowed Dwan to collect some sacks up the middle.

I'm in the camp that if Dwan is resigned, I think we are good on the line and drafting a DT should not be a huge need in this draft. A starting front four of CJ, Dwan (rotational tackle), and Hardy is plenty good enough to be one of the better lines in the league.

I don't disagree with that, I'm certain he causes some of there sacks but I'm fairly certain they caused all of his.... I want him back either way.

I am hoping like hell we can get Star....

Think about this if there all healthy.

Davis-Keuchly-Beason

Hardy-(FA/Dwan)-Star-Johnson

It would be awesome. Star could really be there at 14. If not, I also hope like hell that Floyd will be there. RIchardson is the name everyone is mocking to us as of now. Id be fine with Richardson if we can add a big body NT like a Sione Pouha.

If we cant retain Dwan, we're set to doom. Major failure. I am not going to go into the 2013 season with a rookie DT, Fua, and Kearse.

If you actually read the article, you can tell he is not coming back.

He doesn't want to take a paycut and he wants to win a Super Bowl.

He implied that the Panthers can do neither of that for him.

Move on

how dare he say were not able to win the super bowl. were right on the edge, we just need a couple of pieces and we'll be in the nfc championship for sure next year.

It would be awesome. Star could really be there at 14. If not, I also hope like hell Floyd that Floyd will be there. RIchardson is the name everyone is mocking to us as of now. Id be fine with Richardson if we can add a big body NT like a Sione Pouha.

If we cant retain Dwan, we're set to doom. Major failure. I am not going to go into the 2013 season with a rookie DT, Fua, and Kearse.

I actually agree on this as well,

If we go in with a rookie and god forbid Fua.... Our run defense will be the awful, If we can get Dwan I wouldn't mind Pouha.

I think we would still be able to get after the QB though....

how dare he say were not able to win the super bowl. were right on the edge, we just need a couple of pieces and we'll be in the nfc championship for sure next year.

Two DTs, WR, CB, FS, and RG will make us into a playoffs contender. And Im talking about guys that can actually play, not scrubs off the street kind of guys.

Two DTs, WR, CB, FS, and RG will make us into a playoffs contender. And Im talking about guys that can actually play, not scrubs off the street kind of guys.

I'm probably wrong but I think with our pass rush (if we can keep Dwan or a good 3-tech) that we will be okay at CB.

The rest I agree with.

I actually agree on this as well,

If we go in with a rookie and god forbid Fua.... Our run defense will be the awful, If we can get Dwan I wouldn't mind Pouha.

I think we would still be able to get after the QB though....

We probably could still get after the QB with CJ and Hardy, but GOD wont teams run straight our throat if we doesnt fix the DT position.

he won't get a better offer anywhere else.

the market is low and flat. he'll take the deal. if not...he's replaceable. the DL will be fine.

"...the DL will be fine."

The interior DL of the Carolina Panthers hasn't been "fine" since 2007. They've essentially ignored the DT position since Jenkins left for the Jets, Kemo left, Gary Gibson gone, Kindal Moorehead and Damione Lewis the same.

2007 was the last time the Panthers actually paid any attention to the DT position. Since then it's been hit & miss, keep plugging in second tier players and hope someone catches fire; a turnstile of 1-2 year guys who cannot get the job done and get shipped out.

Archived