• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

T. Austin < or = J. Adams

Who Said What?

Where do these retarded posts come from? There's a reason one is supposed to go 1st rd while one went 4th rd. I understand if you think we should go a different direction with our pick because we do have multiple holes to fill but please stop with the stupid Adams comparison. Plus you said tavon played a lot in the backfield which isn't true. You have obviously just watched highlight videos considering that's really only something they did for the last half of his senior season because in the 1st game they put him back there you get the performance he gave against Oklahoma (google it). I guess all the draft guys that compare him to welker and harvin would probably agree that all 3 of those guys are < or = to adams

I watched WVU play this year and he took quite a few hand-offs. Did any of our legit WRs have 72 carries last year?

Against Oklahoma, Austin caught 4 balls for 82 yards and averaged 20.5 YPC. He rushed 21 times for 344 yards and averaged 16.4 yards per carry. Scored 2 TD.

Against Texas, he had ten catches for 102 yards and averaged 10.2 YPC. Scored 1 TD. Only rushed 1 time for 6 yards.

Against Kansas he had 4 catches for 110 yards and averaged 27.5 YPC. He rushed 12 times for 77 yards and averaged 6.4 yards per carry. Scored 1 TD.

Of the games you mentioned, his worst was against Marshall, where he caught 10 balls for 53 yards (5.3 avg) and rushed 3 times for 66 yards (22 avg). Scored 1 TD.

Games you were laughably wrong about aside, there's also the piddling matter of speed (Austin >> Adams), change of direction (Austin >> Adams), acceleration (Austin >> Adams), hand size (Austin >> Adams), and versatility (Austin >> Adams).

Adams does smoke Austin when it comes to dropping a football like you were allergic to it.

I'm constantly amazed that some people are so god awfully fuging stupid.

4.51 and 4.28 are basically the same speed guyz!!!!

For what it's worth, Austins hands are larger than Adams and 90% of the idiots first WR picked this year - Patterson.

Yea, do not want Patterson until 2nd round. Patterson got Stephen Hill written all over him. Just a freak athlete who lacks experience and has trouble running routes.

Give me someone who can run crisp routes and has great hands.

Where do these retarded posts come from? There's a reason one is supposed to go 1st rd while one went 4th rd. I understand if you think we should go a different direction with our pick because we do have multiple holes to fill but please stop with the stupid Adams comparison. Plus you said tavon played a lot in the backfield which isn't true. You have obviously just watched highlight videos considering that's really only something they did for the last half of his senior season because in the 1st game they put him back there you get the performance he gave against Oklahoma (google it). I guess all the draft guys that compare him to welker and harvin would probably agree that all 3 of those guys are < or = to adams

Bc these days people likes to compare prospects not to who they plays like, but to who they look like.

-Both Adams and Tavon are 5foot receivers.

-Any black QB gets the Cam comparison.

-White MLBs are Urlacher 2.0

-RBs numbered 34 with dreads are Dwill

-All the white receivers get the Wes Welker comparison

The funny thing is that I already said that Adams was drafted in the fourth round, but he was projected to go in the third last year. You take can't miss players with your top 15 picks. We already signed our punt and kick returner for this year. We could use a slot reciever, but they will be available later.

I'm constantly amazed that some people are so god awfully fuging stupid.

4.51 and 4.28 are basically the same speed guyz!!!!

For what it's worth, Austins hands are larger than Adams and 90% of the idiots first WR picked this year - Patterson.

I like how I talked about specific 40 time in my OP. Wait, I didn't talk about it. Literally, most of the post was about game speed and how the film in college was similar. I feel so god awfully fuging stupid. Maybe I didn't use enough exclamation marks.

The funny thing is that I already said that Adams was drafted in the fourth round, but he was projected to go in the third last year. You take can't miss players with your top 15 picks. We already signed our punt and kick returner for this year. We could use a slot reciever, but they will be available later.

There's a big different from 4-3 and from 3-1.

Just listen to the experts like Mayock, McShay, etc. and quit thinking so hard. Tavon is no Adams.

Troll title for a thread that actually has some legitimate points in it. Austin is clearly a better prospect than Adams, but I'm not sure all the hype he's receiving is warranted. People on here love to proclaim every fast short receiver the next steve smith, who is one of the most unique players I have ever seen.

I like how I talked about specific 40 time in my OP. Wait, I didn't talk about it. Literally, most of the post was about game speed and how the film in college was similar. I feel so god awfully fuging stupid. Maybe I didn't use enough exclamation marks.

Rewatch it again then. Even a donkey could tell the difference between the two.

Tavon speeds, quickness in and out of the routes are 100x better. What are you talking about???

Archived