• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Beason going to restructure?

Hotsauce

How many damn times do people need to ask about Beason restructuring? His contract is very, very difficult to do anything with. You can't cut him, you can't trade him and you can't restructure him.

I swear I want to punch the screen every time someone suggests we restructure Beason or someone talks about him doing the right thing for the team. Jesus Christ, where's the tylenol.

It seriously makes me smile to think that my post makes a grown(?) man want to punch his computer screen!

God I love winning at teh Internet!

Hey, everyone that wants Beason or any player to take a pay cut.

Consider this.

you will be at your current job at most 8 more years

you make good money

your performance has been great, then due to some illness it went down, you can still be a solid worker tho

the company wants to add more workers

they are likely to fire you next year

the company wants you to take a 20% cut in pay

do you do it?

If so, you are a moron.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Beason is #56 on the Forbes list of the WORLDS highest paid athletes....ohh and he has not played a game in a year

http://www.forbes.com/profile/jon-beason/

It seriously makes me smile to think that my post makes a grown(?) man want to punch his computer screen!

God I love winning at teh Internet!

I get over it quick. But come on, it's like ESPN talking about Cam's sophmore slump when he has almost identical stats from his rookie year or putting "No adding Sugar" on ice creme and marketing it as diet. It's still got 40 grams of sugar already in it!

And how do you know I'm a grown man. I could be a 12 year old girl or a tiger.

Beason didnt get hurt till AFTER he got his contract and at the time, he was worth that and nobody was really complaining. Everybody thought he was the best LB in the league after Willis at the time. No matter how people want to lash out at it or hurney, it wasnt really a bad move it, was just unfortunate with him getting hurt afterwards. Just putting that out there, i think every move made should be judged individually and not collectively out of frustration. The D Will, Stewart, Godfrey moves were really the only ones i had problems with.

Beason didnt get hurt till AFTER he got his contract and at the time, he was worth that and nobody was really complaining. Everybody thought he was the best LB in the league after Willis at the time. No matter how people want to lash out at it or hurney, it wasnt really a bad move it, was just unfortunate with him getting hurt afterwards. Just putting that out there, i think every move made should be judged individually and not collectively out of frustration. The D Will, Stewart, Godfrey moves were really the only ones i had problems with.

He was still overpaid...good player but overpaid. Not enough big plays for that type deal

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Beason is #56 on the Forbes list of the WORLDS highest paid athletes....ohh and he has not played a game in a year

http://www.forbes.com/profile/jon-beason/

Eh...he played 4 games this season

He was still overpaid...good player but overpaid. Not enough big plays for that type deal

Beason made plenty of big plays when he was healthy. You seemed to have forgot. He made pro bowls, he was arguably the best LB in the league, you dont just say that about someone who only racks up tackles.

Beason made plenty of big plays when he was healthy. You seemed to have forgot. He made pro bowls, he was arguably the best LB in the league, you dont just say that about someone who only racks up tackles.

Compare Beason 4 years in to someone like Urlacher 4 years in....

He was good....but he didn't have the big play resume for that payday. Willis had it. His claim was the best MLB in a league where half the teams run a 3-4 and there weren't any young standouts.

Not knocking Beason but he was like all the others....paid on the next tier higher than he should of.

Compare Beason 4 years in to someone like Urlacher 4 years in....

He was good....but he didn't have the big play resume for that payday. Willis had it. His claim was the best MLB in a league where half the teams run a 3-4 and there weren't any young standouts.

Not knocking Beason but he was like all the others....paid on the next tier higher than he should of.

Of course you would say this after not be able to watching him play the past 2 years, i understand. Typical.

Archived