• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jramsey4's Mock

jramsey4

And the moment no ones been waiting for, my Mock Draft. This seems to be a so-so draft IMO no one prospect is miles ahead of the rest. The top 10 picks are anyone's guess and so is most of the draft. Obviously the number one option for pretty much every single armchair GM is to trade back. Unlikely in the first but a team might be willing to trade a early 3rd and 4th for our second. There is good value at need positions for those draft positions so that's just what I did.

Rd 1 Pick 14

Xavier Rhodes CB FSU

I have had my eye on Rhodes since he toyed with the idea of declaring last year. The guy is on his man like white on rice in press man coverage. Is IMO the best press man corner in the draft and its not close. Not as good in off man or zone but is experienced in those areas. He's a big 6'1" Corner that can be lined up 1 on 1 with the Julio Jones' of the NFCS and we are lacking in that area minus Gamble. He also uses that sizes well in run support.

Rhodes would be good value, second best corner at a position of need. I would like to see a receiver a bit sooner, Cam is going to need more weapons. Fauria would be great i think, we could do more 2 TE sets and add another red zone target, we should really keep an eye on one of these mid round TE's. Looks like you put a lot of thought into this, much better than many. Good mock.

I'd kill someone if we traded a high 2nd rounder for a 3rd and 4th to be honest. The 4th round is essentially when it starts becoming a crap shoot/about depth and special teamers. Give me the potential starter we can get in the 2nd.

Because we have gotten so many starters in the 2nd. Not saying your wrong but I like my chances with 2 picks. Besides i really like Williams but I think he'll be there early 3rd.

Rhodes would be good value, second best corner at a position of need. I would like to see a receiver a bit sooner, Cam is going to need more weapons. Fauria would be great i think, we could do more 2 TE sets and add another red zone target, we should really keep an eye on one of these mid round TE's. Looks like you put a lot of thought into this, much better than many. Good mock.

I personally think Corner, DT, ROL are bigger needs then receiver. Fauria is going to be a beast especially in the red zone.

Rd 1 Pick 14

Xavier Rhodes CB FSU

.....He's a big 6'1" Corner that can be lined up 1 on 1 with the Julio Jones' of the NFCS and we are lacking in that area minus Gamble...

uh

I can't tell if you mean that we lack in CB "other than" Gamble or "because of the loss".

wording is messing me up maaaan.

as for the draft, I don't like the idea of trading our second. Not terrible though.

The value on the trade is quite off. Even if we got the first picks in the 3rd and 4th round, we'd still be giving up 60+ points in that trade. It would take something like the 10th and 11th picks of the 3rd round to get our 2nd (not that anyone actually has both of those picks, but the point is valid).

If we are in the business of trading away our 2nd, I'd hope we get a 3rd and next year's 1th for our 2nd and 4th or something to that effect (something similar to the trade that landed us Everette Brown)

uh

I can't tell if you mean that we lack in CB "other than" Gamble or "because of the loss".

wording is messing me up maaaan.

as for the draft, I don't like the idea of trading our second. Not terrible though.

Sorry doing all this on my Driod since my laptop went out. I was talking about the lack of a big body corner that we can line up 1 on 1 with the Jones' of the NFCS. Without Gamble its a bunch of small guys and cast offs. No one in our entire secondary would give a OC pause.

The value on the trade is quite off. Even if we got the first picks in the 3rd and 4th round, we'd still be giving up 60+ points in that trade. It would take something like the 10th and 11th picks of the 3rd round to get our 2nd (not that anyone actually has both of those picks, but the point is valid).

If we are in the business of trading away our 2nd, I'd hope we get a 3rd and next year's 1th for our 2nd and 4th or something to that effect (something similar to the trade that landed us Everette Brown)

Do you honestly think GMs consult a Value Chart before they make a trade? Especially considering it doesn't take into account value at postional needs in the rounds discussed. But honestly I didn't even look at the chart. Wouldn't mind a Brown type trade but theres no way we give up 2 picks in this draft that would leave us with only 3 picks.

Archived