• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan says Charlotte Hornets "sounds good"

Zod

I'm not making fun of anybody, in all seriousness. Besides KT I've always been more of a Russell fan than Chamberlain. I'm actually reading a new book about the 1957 Boston Celtics right now. But I digress.

The name isn't yet officially changed, and regardless, the team needs to cut ties with Diop, Mullens, Biyombo, Thomas, and Williams when the season ends.

I'm not making fun of anybody, in all seriousness. Besides KT I've always been more of a Russell fan than Chamberlain. I'm actually reading a new book about the 1957 Boston Celtics right now. But I digress.

The name isn't yet officially changed, and regardless, the team needs to cut ties with Diop, Mullens, Biyombo, Thomas, and Williams when the season ends.

Bismack isn't going anywhere, he was a project from the start that was going to take a while.

I think going back to the Hornets would be good idea, always liked the color scheme and got history with it. That said, while a name change won't suddenly make us a winning team or a contender, hopefully it will help spur some more support for the team, and in turn the ownership and management put a great team on the court for us.

I just hope we hear confirmation about is happening with the name one way or the other soon, I'm getting tired of the speculation surrounding it all.

Quit feeding the troll KT, he's made his agenda clear; he tries to make every argument about black vs. white even when the entire Bobcats front office is full of different nationality's: Cho, Jordan, Higgins, Whitfield etc...

The fact is that people want the Hornets name because it reminds them of their childhood and the good days when Charlotte basketball didn't suck balls.

Also that argument that we are more enamored with the name than the product on the court doesn't work. We have no control over what the front office does regarding player movement, but you better believe that John and Co. were very influential in helping get the Hornets name back (if it indeed happens). Still on the subject of the product on the court, you must have not gotten the letter that Higgins and Co. sent to the season ticket holders guaranteeing that the Bobcats will very active in the offseason.

For a guy that seems to be in love with Bob Johnson's Cat's, it's really telling that you didn't even bother getting season tickets.

Oh by the way, can we get a new mod for the basketball forum? We actually want a Hornets fan to be in charge.

Quit feeding the troll KT, he's made his agenda clear; he tries to make every argument about black vs. white even when the entire Bobcats front office is full of different nationality's: Cho, Jordan, Higgins, Whitfield etc...

And once we take "our team back" that will no longer be the case. It's odd you point this out when this used to be one of the main talking points of why he hated Bob Johnson. The front office was "too black", the stadium had too much of a "hip hop" atmosphere were all arguments used why people shouldnt support the Bobcats and hate Bob Johnson for them. Im confident once we start gentrifying the Bobcats name, the front office will be next. And Im confident "Hornets fans" will act like Gerald Wallace never played here, the Bobcats never existed, and that all the Hornets controversies and leaving the city never happened. It'll be revisionism at its finest, thats the culture.

The fact is that people want the Hornets name because it reminds them of their childhood and the good days when Charlotte basketball didn't suck balls.

The fact is people have bitched about the Bobcats name for the last 5 years because they think its named after a rich black person who has no ties to NC whatsoever. It so bothers them that their city's team could be named after a rich black person that they want the team to dump millions of dollars into changing it. Bobcats is "too black" "too ethnic" and that bothers people. Where I see a blue and orange cat, they see Bob Johnson's face. Next we can gentrify the African American Cultural Center. Or rename MLK Blvd. Or ask Barack Obama to change his name, assimilate to us, so he'll feel more like "our President". The Bobcats were an idea of a basketball team for EVERYBODY in this market, the Hornets are only gonna be geared towards one group. Its for them only, and so many people are gonna be left out. Not everyone in this market is from Charlotte, not everyone in this market thinks watching the Hornets get beat in the 1st round in the 90s is their greatest basketball thrill.

Also that argument that we are more enamored with the name than the product on the court doesn't work. We have no control over what the front office does regarding player movement, but you better believe that John and Co. were very influential in helping get the Hornets name back (if it indeed happens).

LMAO@John & Company having influence. How much money have they put up? 0. This is begging and posturing in one of the worst sports markets of the last 5 years in both sports.

Still on the subject of the product on the court, you must have not gotten the letter that Higgins and Co. sent to the season ticket holders guaranteeing that the Bobcats will very active in the offseason.

They send that letter out every offseason. Panthers do the same thing.

For a guy that seems to be in love with Bob Johnson's Cat's, it's really telling that you didn't even bother getting season tickets.

I guess all the fans in Cali on this board really dont love the Panthers since they dont have season tickets to the games. Ive had season tickets in the past, and been just as rabid when i have not. Stupid argument, do better.

Oh by the way, can we get a new mod for the basketball forum? We actually want a Hornets fan to be in charge.

Might as well, we're taking the "soul" out of our basketball team so it can feel like "Charlotte" and be boring and lifeless like so many things here. Why not take the "soul" out of the basketball forum and make it lifeless too?

Archived