• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

chknwing

Gettis is a sixth rounder who hasn't played in 2 years.

Hixon is a run of the mill 3rd WR

Ginn is a train wreck at WR.

If Gettleman is unable to find a guy better than any of these three, we've made a pretty big hiring mistake.

I didn't know that Gettleman must fill all of our holes with mediocre talent to fulfill the impatience of the masses. You sound like the guys on the Drive on 610. What WR from round 4 - 7 could beat those guys out?

Oh thats right Roger Da'Rick is rated 74.4 by NFL. He would def be the man to take over for our mediocre 5th WR position.

Gman wants a smash mouth offense something we have been successful with and occasional vertical passing plays to catch the opponents off guard. I miss the game of field position while tiring down the other team.

feel bad for Cam.

Said it the moment Gettlemen arrived. He isn't sold on being the GM for a Newton/Rivera offense. Too old school to build with that mindset.....he hinted on that early IMO.

drafting offense for them....big picture doesn't make sense if you aren't sold on that direction

have you forgotten smash mouth football? You want a sexy air attack that loses in the 4th qtr. Been there done that now back to the roots.

Gettis is a sixth rounder who hasn't played in 2 years.

Hixon is a run of the mill 3rd WR

Ginn is a train wreck at WR.

If Gettleman is unable to find a guy better than any of these three, we've made a pretty big hiring mistake.

AND that includes Cam. Gettlemen is old and believes in old football. I have said it since he arrived. Newton will be gone soon....and that will be unfortunate. He is the type game changer a franchise may never see again....but you have to be all in with him.

LMAO!!! Hilarious.

lol at people suggesting we should intentionally start trying to have a losing football team.

Nothing intentional about it- it's a hole that has already been dug. We can either try for quick fixes and be mediocre forever, or we can rebuild the right way and have belated but more consistent success. If Gettlemans decisions to date are any indication, he has chosen the latter path. You guys may hate it now but it will pay off in the long run.

Cam Newton is being bred into an elite QB, so that we may have a perennially elite team. Anyone who suggests we should do something otherwise is an idiot and any GM who doesn't prioritize him becoming that over everything else needs to be terminated on the spot before he ruins the potential we have.

lol are you seriously implying he's going to get rid of cam because he's a mobile quaterback

franchise qbs just grow on trees now, I see.

Gettlemen doesn't believe the game is played the way Cam needs to play it.

Gettlemen is a dinosaur.

What have we done for Cam? Are we going to give him another DII G to hinder the line all season again? We haven't added any weapons...

He inherited Cam and Rivera. They get a year. He isn't going to do anything big picture for them. He is going to add only big picture pieces that work if he goes a new direction soon.

Archived