• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Expert" Draft Grades: POST EM IF YOU GOT EM

SmootsDaddy89

Usually the teams with the most picks get the highest grades. Its pretty darn misleading considering how much you give up in the longterm (see the vikings). For instance nobody takes into consideration that we used our 3rd rounder on Frank Alexander who is a starting calibre player, you add that fact to our draft and suddenly it looks much better.

think of it like this, every year there are at least 32 "cant miss" picks made in the draft, AKA the first round, but its pretty rare for more than half of them to become as good as advertised.

Heck there are so many drafts we've had that got great grades from the media but ended up being god awful. Think of the Stewart and Otah draft. The Clausen pick/draft. Basically none of these goons know what they are talking about, its like predicting the superbowl right now.

Yea i went back and watched all of his youtube videos. The ones that have vs whomever. Star is light years ahead on the initial burst and he rarely ever and i mean RARELY ever gets pushed back. I even saw a couple times he pancaked double teams. I saw multiple times Shariff getting pushed back and while he did show burst it wasn't consistent like Star.

For Star to learn to be a pass rusher will just be icing on the cake. Shariff will be a good player though.

Kiper is an idiot. For a person who never played a down of football --- I'll never understand why there is any value in his opinions. Mcshay is really the only person I listen to on ESPN and he liked our draft. Half of these people are biased and make judgments based on personal feelings. I give our draft a B+, and there is no reason any of our opinions should be less consired than Kipers other than the national coverage aspect.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22160389/draft-grades-dont-like-instant-here-are-grades-like-em-or-not

Prisco at CBS isnt always right, but he is plugged into the scouting community. He is a Kugbila fan based on what he's heard.

Carolina Panthers

Best pick: I like the pick of defensive tackle Kawann Short in the second round. He is a wide body who will help in a big way in the middle.

Questionable move: Taking running back Kenjon Barner in the sixth round. How many runners do they need?

Third-day gem: Fourth-round guard Edmund Kugbila is a player I heard about early in the process; scouts loved his power and strength. He could pay off big.

Analysis: Dave Gettleman, in his first draft with the team, made this a big-man draft. He landed two good defensive tackles in Short and first-round pick Star Lotulelei. Solid start.

Grade: B-

Third-day gem: Fourth-round guard Edmund Kugbila is a player I heard about early in the process; scouts loved his power and strength. He could pay off big.

It's all media stuff. My sources said the scouts hated him and the coaches loved him.

I've also been told he was 3-5 star recruit (whatever that means) out of high-school has the fastest feet of any guard in the draft and will be starter in 2013.

What I find hilarious is this: while I think we are overstocked at RB, who the hell is concerned with who you pick up in the middle of the sixth round? If you get a guy there that does nothing but returns punts and kicks, or is a punter or kicker, hell, you've done better than most teams and picked up someone who can contribute!

http://www.cbssports...-like-em-or-not

Questionable move: Taking running back Kenjon Barner in the sixth round. How many runners do they need?

In response to Prisco's comments, I don't think this means that we think we don't have enough runners, however I think it means the complete opposite. Barner was picked about 2 rounds after he was projected to go and the middle rounds right now are getting teams the best value out of runningbacks in the draft in recent years. If he turns into a decent complementary back, we can easily downsize at the position so we can afford to extend or sign other talented players at more critical positions.

Rob Rang

Like the Falcons, the Panthers identified their biggest area of concern and addressed it. The Panthers erased their biggest need with a "Star" who fell into their lap. Like Luke Kuechly a year ago, Lotulelei will prove an immediate difference-maker. His power could be complemented perfectly by the quickness from Kawann Short, a natural playmaker who fell to the second round only because of questons about his motor. Surrounded by this much talent, however, he could prove more productive than Lotulelei. The Panthers added intriguing talent with their other three picks. Linebacker A.J. Klein, like Short, was an absolute playmaker at Iowa State as was Oregon running back Kenjon Barner, whose first crack at playing time might come as a returner. Guard Edmund Kugbila could surprise, as he possesses intriguing tools. Grade: B

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22159924/2013-nfl-draft-nfc-south-grades

Archived