• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

teams weren't offering much for williams

DWill is the only Homerun threat in our Backfield. Until you replace that threat, he ain't going anywhere.

But, but, but, the money. So effing what.

But, but, but, Cam needs weapons. DWill is a weapon. An actual threat. OH, you meant WR.

But, but, but, we have always been mediocre, so we are destined to remain mediocre. Can't argue against fear.

But, but, but, until they show me wins, I will never have faith again. Never heard this one before. The ultimate threat from the disgruntled.

But, but, but, Shula. Fear of the past only clouds the view of the future. Don't fall into that trap.

Yes, yes, yes, this is going to be ... legan.... wait for it...dary. Good times ahead, I tell ya what.

DWill is the only Homerun threat in our Backfield. Until you replace that threat, he ain't going anywhere.

But, but, but, Cam needs weapons. DWill is a weapon. An actual threat. OH, you meant WR.

But, but, but, we have always been mediocre, so we are destined to remain mediocre. Can't argue against fear.

But, but, but, until they show me wins, I will never have faith again. Never heard this one before. The ultimate threat from the disgruntled.

But, but, but, Shula. Fear of the past only clouds the view of the future. Don't fall into that trap.

Yes, yes, yes, this is going to be ... legan.... wait for it...dary. Good times ahead, I tell ya what.

we went over this.. DWill really isn't that big of a home run threat..  less than one 20+ rush per game is not going to keep him around with that salary...

this will be the last year DWill is on the team...  

I love DWill, but he isn't the same explosive home run threat that he was. He is not as quick nor as fast as he once was. A lot of his running plays consist of running into the back of the linemen and falling forward, unless he sees somebody get decleated to clear a cut back. JStew fits the offense better and ultimately that money needs to go somewhere else.

Does it matter how often he goes off? He is still the only one capable of doing so. We all want playmakers on the team. But for some strange reason, DWill is not in the mix? Sure he is expensive. So what, so is the wife. But I ain't gonna cut her just like the Panthers are not going to cut DWill.

Until it actually happens, that DWill is cut, I am going to go about my business rooting for the Panthers. Warts and all.

I love DWill, but he isn't the same explosive home run threat that he was. He is not as quick nor as fast as he once was. A lot of his running plays consist of running into the back of the linemen and falling forward, unless he sees somebody get decleated to clear a cut back. JStew fits the offense better and ultimately that money needs to go somewhere else.

/

/

/

/

/

Stewy is the definition of plug and play. He offers nothing in the playmaking department. But by all means. Get rid of the one guy who can make the D worry about a homerun.

There are still things we can do to free up some money. But what are you going to do with it this year? Get an average RG? We can do that and keep DWill. Get an average TE or CB? We can also do those without losing DWill.

There are no options to add that make us significantly better like DWill is capable of doing. Not at this point in time.

Does it matter how often he goes off? He is still the only one capable of doing so. We all want playmakers on the team. But for some strange reason, DWill is not in the mix? Sure he is expensive. So what, so is the wife. But I ain't gonna cut her just like the Panthers are not going to cut DWill.

Until it actually happens, that DWill is cut, I am going to go about my business rooting for the Panthers. Warts and all.

Since the NFL has a cap, and 32 FO's care how often your playmakers "go off", then yes, it matters in every sense of the word.  the problem is you aren't thinking this through..  And using your wife to compare DWill is completely irrelevant, for reasons already stated.  At his rate of "home run", you can jump off a ledge and assume Barner will do just as well.

To each their own, and yes, you are free to fully root for the Panthers as we all will, but that in itself is not going to keep him around.  

will he stick around this year?  I believe so..  Because of the cap.  Next year?  gone...

How many playoffs games have we won with homerun threat Williams?

Okay, now go back and look at our postseason runs? Stephen Davis was almost funny looking when he got into the open field.

Consistant yards aka Stewart is more valuable than Williams running in place and breaking one every 20 touches.

Williams isn't the runner he use to be or simply this not the scheme for him to be close to it

Since he was drafted, Stewart has played in 71 games.

during that same window, Williams has played in less games. So this whole " we got keep the uber expensive RB bc he is more reliable than Stewart"....isn't really true.

Yeah, I looked it up and edited my previous post with some extra comments/stats...

Good teams don't commit to old players, unless they're still producing at an elite level. Look at the Pats, they offered Welker a contract they thought was reasonable considering his recent play, and didn't budge when Denver offered him more. Packers departed from Charles Woodson and I can go on and on about how keeping old, overpaid, players isn't going to do anything but keep us at the bottom. OVERPAYING will keep us at the bottom. You don't deserve a huge contract unless you're the mainstay of your side of the ball. 

Since the NFL has a cap, and 32 FO's care how often your playmakers "go off", then yes, it matters in every sense of the word.  the problem is you aren't thinking this through..  And using your wife to compare DWill is completely irrelevant, for reasons already stated.  At his rate of "home run", you can jump off a ledge and assume Barner will do just as well.

To each their own, and yes, you are free to fully root for the Panthers as we all will, but that in itself is not going to keep him around.  

will he stick around this year?  I believe so..  Because of the cap.  Next year?  gone...

How many playoffs games have we won with homerun threat Williams?

Okay, now go back and look at our postseason runs? Stephen Davis was almost funny looking when he got into the open field.

Consistant yards aka Stewart is more valuable than Williams running in place and breaking one every 20 touches.

Williams isn't the runner he use to be or simply this not the scheme for him to be close to it

/

/

/

/

/

/

Bleys... DWill could be gone before this season even starts. Doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. Other than Smitty, DWill is our only Homerun threat. I just doesn't seem like a smart move cutting the one back that can take it to the house on any given play.

CRA. Where was Stewy last year? Or the year before that? We can plug in any back and get consistent yards. You have said that yourself. You go ahead and run Cam into the ground so you can say we have a Homerun threat in the backfield.

I really do appreciate that you two have this need to prove me wrong. I just don't happen to believe you. Where it concerns RBs, DWill is our only threat. It is true because it is proven.

When, and if, Gettlemen can replace the threat that DWill brings, then he may cut him. Until then. DWill is the only RB on our roster with homerun type, playmaking ability. So go ahead and handcuff our Offense to save a few bucks.

Guest FredLane4Ever

Anyone who does not agree with this guy is a loser.

Sucks that when talking about DeAngelo we have to listen to a bunch of cap bs, discussions about how he's old, speculation that the team doesn't need him, and how we need to clear his contract money. Dude has been a great team player and hasn't shown the ability drop off and obviously plays his heart out. I choose to let the chips fall where they may, but it would be nice to see him retire a panther with his head held high. Quality player.

Archived