• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Carolina Panthers going nowhere with Ron Rivera, Cam Newton"

My point is this, Cam>Colin and RW. Alex Smith did the same exact thing Colin did and honestly Alex Smith is a better overall QB than Colin right now. Colin just gets too much credit for what he does. He plays behind arguably the best offensive line in football and one of the top 5 backs in the NFL in Frank Gore. Colin doesn't have to go out every week and win games. he just doesn't have to lose them.

• Pie 1

All of us know way more about the Panthers than this jabroni so who really cares what he says. I stopped reading when he said The Buccaneers are a better team in every aspect besides QB. lol. Do your homework before you right some atrocious article Shein.

All of us know way more about the Panthers than this jabroni so who really cares what he says. I stopped reading when he said The Buccaneers are a better team in every aspect besides QB. lol. Do your homework before you right some atrocious article Shein. Last year we were considered a sleeper team to look out for, but this year know one is giving us a chance, I like it that way.

As for RG III, I don't take him seriously, sorry, with NFL Sunday Ticket  I would catch some of his games.  Some of it was luck, some strength of schedule and some of it people not having enough tape on him at the NFL level.  He did not make smart plays with his body which does not speak to his longevity in the league.

i've spent some time watching him on game rewind

he's probably in the most friendly system for a young quarterback imaginable.  even though ESPN built him up like he was sitting back in the pocket picking apart defenses like brady, it's pretty obvious that there are a lot of one-read concepts in his offense if you actually watch his games.  lots of quick hitters off three step drops and screens.  

of course, that notion would fly in the face of the "cerebral" griffin vs. "stupid" newton narrative that seems to be floating around.

also his arm is only so-so and he puts up a ton of ducks when he attempts truly vertical passes.

• Pie 1

Apparently Schein has been ducking WFNZ about an interview. He rips the team, the franchise QB, and the head coach and doesn't have the balls to be a man and back up his claims for a local interview. 

That's what really irritating. 

At least idiot Prisco has the integrity to come on WFNZ after he predicted them going 3-13 last year. 

i've spent some time watching him on game rewind

he's probably in the most friendly system for a young quarterback imaginable.  even though ESPN built him up like he was sitting back in the pocket picking apart defenses like brady, it's pretty obvious that there are a lot of one-read concepts in his offense if you actually watch his games.  lots of quick hitters off three step drops and screens.  

of course, that notion would fly in the face of the "cerebral" griffin vs. "stupid" newton narrative that seems to be floating around.

also his arm is only so-so and he puts up a ton of ducks when he attempts truly vertical passes.

Cam's rookie season was much more impressive than RGIII from an individual standpoint.

Cam was asked and did make much  more difficult throws.

• Pie 1

I'm not an RG3 "HTTR" (in fact, I'm a big fan) but his completion percentage is as impressive as Alex Smith's. The entire system is composed of high percentage bubble screens and short passes (5-15 yards). His deep ball is accurate but he has a glaring weakness that his nuthuggers refuse to acknowledge: tight-window passes. RG3 struggled with them all year long. It's a legitimate reason why he avoided turning the ball over. Credit is due though, he doesn't make poor decisions. He plays smart and safe. However, games like the Seattle one provide proof that RG3 is not Peyton Manning. They can talk poo about Cam's accuracy percentage but he's not afraid to make a throw inbetween two defenders.

cam hits deep outs and other difficult sideline routes with his eyes closed which is something that i didn't see griffin do much of.  the only play of griffin's like that that really stuck out to me was in the vikings game when he rolled out of the pocket and tried to strongarm a ball into a tight spot near the sideline.  it had way too little velocity and antoine winfield jumped it for the interception.

e: found a gif

antoinepick.gif