• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

100 posts required to start new thread

Zod

Its impossible to perma ban anyone if they have absolutely no life and there is no end to their desperation to be one of the most pathetic people on the internet.

All we can do is put up roadblocks to discourage people from doing so.

you put any thought into into email verification to join or something to stop/slow down efforts for morons to come in and start spamming threads?

maybe something as simple as a max # of posts allowed the first day someone joins or until they reach a certain number of posts? not even sure if that can be done.

i know you don't even like doing the post min. to start a thread or really doing anything to censor others, but I'm just thinking of something to slow down the next step a douche like whoever it was spamming the forum last night might take.

it will make things a bit difficult for new members with good intentions, but i think overall it would help keep keep the forum cleaned up from douche blitzkriegs. 

you put any thought into into email verification to join or something to stop/slow down efforts for morons to come in and start spamming threads?

maybe something as simple as a max # of posts allowed the first day someone joins or until they reach a certain number of posts? not even sure if that can be done.

i know you don't even like doing the post min. to start a thread or really doing anything to censor others, but I'm just thinking of something to slow down the next step a douche like whoever it was spamming the forum last night might take.

it will make things a bit difficult for new members with good intentions, but i think overall it would help keep keep the forum cleaned up from douche blitzkriegs. 

Yep, the latest idiot was also creating fake emails to go along with fake accounts. Like I said, no life.

Really there is nothing we can do short of just closing registrations completely.

After last night's "gay" thread, this is warranted.

I've seen proclamations many times that didn't work, or didn't stick. I hope this time is different.

Editing thread title to reflect 320 may tamp down confusion.

the 320 thing was a joke, i think.

having it be retroactive will help. i know bwood and grits and a few others had made several accounts in the past just in case one got banned. still won't stop them from spamming and bumping up old threads when they find their way back in, but it will help.

Yep, the latest idiot was also creating fake emails to go along with fake accounts. Like I said, no life.

Really there is nothing we can do short of just closing registrations completely.

that's unfortunate. i don't envy you one bit trying to deal with that poo. i wish i could help.

I saw this this morning on my phone and checked to see if it was April Fool's Day again - because I wasn't sure we'd be so lucky.   :goodjob:

Also I look forward to being amused by people who believe they cannot participate in a discussion here unless they're allowed to create threads.  100 posts really isn't that much.

That is truly insane. Here I thought I had no life :). Yes, Thank you for your time here. Ever since about 2007, this is the only place I come for Panthers news.

Yeah desperate trolls will always find a way back soonee or later.

Zod it may not mean much, but thanks for the time and energy you put in here.

Nice suck up... j/k.

Zod ain't doin' it out of the kindness of his heart. Zod is making that paper! 

He doesn't want trolls and clowns affecting his extra cheese.

Archived